Tampa captain - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tampa captain

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Captainsand lts get overtime/comp time though which is nice. We have a lt who comes out in cases all the time to bank hours and dissappear for days at a time to "burn comp hours"
    It's not comp time if you have to burn down to 160. It's called "adjusting"
    No one is getting paid OT

Unregistered
    I know several that never interviewed for capt. Why would any sane person want 5X the hassle with 10% more money? The math doesn't work. When you add up the increased hours it comes to 48.332 cents an hour.
    My Lt thinks that his job is a lot harder than our captains job and I agree. Plus the pay jump to Lt is not that great from agent. Captains make a lot more money. I don’t know of any benefits to being a LT except to use it to jump to the captain level . You can then at least put Captain on a resume and go make real money elsewhere. I agree that anyone that stays in the LT rank for a long time doesn’t have many other options. Just look around here to prove my point. I had a conversation with an unnamed old time LT one time and my first impression was that he was a former farmer or something like that. I don’t believe that he ever worked as a LEO anywhere else. The best sworn job here is Agent especially if you have other income.

11Mary7
    My Lt thinks that his job is a lot harder than our captains job and I agree. Plus the pay jump to Lt is not that great from agent. Captains make a lot more money. I don’t know of any benefits to being a LT except to use it to jump to the captain level . You can then at least put Captain on a resume and go make real money elsewhere. I agree that anyone that stays in the LT rank for a long time doesn’t have many other options. Just look around here to prove my point. I had a conversation with an unnamed old time LT one time and my first impression was that he was a former farmer or something like that. I don’t believe that he ever worked as a LEO anywhere else. The best sworn job here is Agent especially if you have other income.
    Years ago there was a plan to get the pay up. The "colonel" decreed pay was too low, impacting recruitment. The plan was to have agents start at 42.5K, LT's would start at 52.5K, Captain - 62.5K and major - 72.5K. Well guess what? In typical ABT fashion he pumped up a handful of LT's causing even more compression, bumped up his buddies and like a floater in a bowl he was gone. His replacement shows up and the grand plan was dead. That is the natural rhythm of this place. If you are close to the table a few crumbs fall your way. Pay compression here is obscene. Who to you expect to attract at a starting salary less than 40K? Supervisor for less than 50K? When I came here agents were in DROP with 65K a year salaries. What happened? Republicans. Like termites they do their work in obscurity. Then one day you look around and it is too late. The damage has been done. I guess there is a good side. The cost of my tag for my 15 year old hooptie went down.

Unregistered
    When a lt position opens does it get advertised to the public as well, or just internal employees?

Unregistered
    When a lt position opens does it get advertised to the public as well, or just internal employees?
    An email asking for lateral transfers goes out first. The most recent trend is to advertise "Open Competitive" in People Worst. That can change without prior notice and is hard to predict.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Mary7 View Post
    Years ago there was a plan to get the pay up. The "colonel" decreed pay was too low, impacting recruitment. The plan was to have agents start at 42.5K, LT's would start at 52.5K, Captain - 62.5K and major - 72.5K. Well guess what? In typical ABT fashion he pumped up a handful of LT's causing even more compression, bumped up his buddies and like a floater in a bowl he was gone. His replacement shows up and the grand plan was dead. That is the natural rhythm of this place. If you are close to the table a few crumbs fall your way. Pay compression here is obscene. Who to you expect to attract at a starting salary less than 40K? Supervisor for less than 50K? When I came here agents were in DROP with 65K a year salaries. What happened? Republicans. Like termites they do their work in obscurity. Then one day you look around and it is too late. The damage has been done. I guess there is a good side. The cost of my tag for my 15 year old hooptie went down.
    The Colonel/Doctor could not give across the board raises because he was to busy spending money on marked cars, class A's and hooking up his friends. What a tool and ego maniac he was.

Unregistered
    The Colonel/Doctor could not give across the board raises because he was to busy spending money on marked cars, class A's and hooking up his friends. What a tool and ego maniac he was.
    You may remember the colonel and lt. colonel hatched a plan to get the $$$ to realize their dream of world dominance. They closed home offices under the illusion of cost savings. They also took away trainer pay from 34 agents to fund class a and b uniforms and marked cars. They are gone, cars gone, uniforms gone, trainer pay gone. I wonder if those colonel eagles are in a box over there? My fear is someone may find them and think that was a good idea and the insanity will start all over again.

Unregistered
    You may remember the colonel and lt. colonel hatched a plan to get the $$$ to realize their dream of world dominance. They closed home offices under the illusion of cost savings. They also took away trainer pay from 34 agents to fund class a and b uniforms and marked cars. They are gone, cars gone, uniforms gone, trainer pay gone. I wonder if those colonel eagles are in a box over there? My fear is someone may find them and think that was a good idea and the insanity will start all over again.
    Some things are just better left alone. The resurrection of a colonel would start the Major and region dance once again.

Unregistered
    Some things are just better left alone. The resurrection of a colonel would start the Major and region dance once again.
    Ah, the good old days. A colonel, lieutenant colonel, five majors, a dozen captains, thirty lieutenants and one hundred agents. I was hoping to see sergeants and corporals but that dream died with the untimely departure of the dream makers.

Unregistered
    I want to be "commander tobbaco" and have an asst of "beverage boss."

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast