Man power - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man power

Unregistered

How does a Certified LEO get hired for your Agency

I have 20 years in LE from another state. Moved to Florida and received my LEO Certification. I worked for Polk Sheriff in 2005 while in the STEP program but didn't finish the program due to family issues. I got recertified and my Certification is still current. I applied to the Polk Sheriff in 2015 after I saw that your agency was undermanned. I called HR prior to completing my application to see if I could be rehired which I was told yes. I completed the application and was turned down with no specific reason but I was told I could reapply in a year. If your Agency is so undermanned why would HR and decision makers deny qualified applicants. I believe that the safety and welfare is not the priority for the agency. By the way I never heard of Trainers having less than 5 years in LE to train new candidates. Polk County Sheriff was my first LE agency that I applied for and wanted to work there again. What is going on with your HR hiring office. I don't need the Academy or to be certified. Your Agency is preventing the hiring of more Deputies.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2217117]How long is it going to take before another deputy gets hurt or worse before King Grady sees there is a man power problem,,,,, shifts working with 6 or less getting hammered call after call after call,,,,supervisors saying we will get more man power soon but it never happens..seems that grady is to interested in his softball games,,jeepin with judd or what ever then his own people,,,,,good luck...[/QU

Maybe if you tell the deputies that are on duty to give the impression they are really hammered rather than sitting at the local fire department off Cypress Gardens Rd all day, there would be more concern about manpower shortage. No patrolling going on in that area and you wonder why burglaries are happening left and right with no suspect info? And when we do call to give suspect info on a eyewitness burglary/theft, don't say you can't do anything with it because I am not the owner and clear it 19-98 papa to avoid writing that report. Do the job you were hired to do. I was told deputies were told to do this by some unknown idiot if the suspects were not identified so that it is not counted in crime stats.

Unregistered

PCSO ....Joke!

Your all pathetic excuses for officers in more than just my opinion ....you have worthless deputy's who steal from drug dealers they arrested ....others who abuse their power just because they wear a badge and i won't even mention the predators who pray on the young in our force! Sad sad excuse for a police force really ,do more harm then good people have zero respect for the ones "serving and protecting" its sad that more citizens are afraid of running into us because the fear of harassment or jail. When in actuality they should feel safe and not want to steer clear of us. And Judd Haha what a ****ing joke im glad I've received my transfer I can't wait to get away from all of the bullshit and shitty officers I don't trust any or most of them with my life ...bunch of liars and kiss asses enough said!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your all pathetic excuses for officers in more than just my opinion ....you have worthless deputy's who steal from drug dealers they arrested ....others who abuse their power just because they wear a badge and i won't even mention the predators who pray on the young in our force! Sad sad excuse for a police force really ,do more harm then good people have zero respect for the ones "serving and protecting" its sad that more citizens are afraid of running into us because the fear of harassment or jail. When in actuality they should feel safe and not want to steer clear of us. And Judd Haha what a ****ing joke im glad I've received my transfer I can't wait to get away from all of the bullshit and shitty officers I don't trust any or most of them with my life ...bunch of liars and kiss asses enough said!
    The person who wrote this is not a deputy, obviously...I will say no more so I don't feed the troll.

Unregistered

Manpower concerns

I hear merger talks with BPD are being whispered again. Just rumor at this point, but as low as our manpower is how can we possibly take over that city too?!?

Unregistered
    Well if the RUMOR, (and we all know how rumors go, about 1/10th of it is true but for some reason people take it as fact without batting an eye) then as with other takeovers the contract typically states the agency will take on any officers they already have, which doesn't affect the manpower. Secondly, due to new fiscal year beginning Oct 1, they are hiring a bunch of new deputies, but those could be just to fill the slots of the malcontents, who knows... Rumor has it!

Unregistered
    So why not eliminate some of the waste of personnel such as Crime Suppression Unit and other off the wall units that take up useful resources. Use the manpower you have already rather trying to find new ones to bring on.

Unregistered
    Please take BPD over, most of the Officers there wants that to happen. Their staff is worse than PCSO.

Unregistered
    So why not eliminate some of the waste of personnel such as Crime Suppression Unit and other off the wall units that take up useful resources. Use the manpower you have already rather trying to find new ones to bring on.
    Cause they have to keep the lipstick grass munching aka self mutilator in a nice quiet environment...

Unregistered

Yes lord!

Please take BPD over, most of the Officers there wants that to happen. Their staff is worse than PCSO.
    Yes please!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast