I have 20 years in LE from another state. Moved to Florida and received my LEO Certification. I worked for Polk Sheriff in 2005 while in the STEP program but didn't finish the program due to family issues. I got recertified and my Certification is still current. I applied to the Polk Sheriff in 2015 after I saw that your agency was undermanned. I called HR prior to completing my application to see if I could be rehired which I was told yes. I completed the application and was turned down with no specific reason but I was told I could reapply in a year. If your Agency is so undermanned why would HR and decision makers deny qualified applicants. I believe that the safety and welfare is not the priority for the agency. By the way I never heard of Trainers having less than 5 years in LE to train new candidates. Polk County Sheriff was my first LE agency that I applied for and wanted to work there again. What is going on with your HR hiring office. I don't need the Academy or to be certified. Your Agency is preventing the hiring of more Deputies.