Man power - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Man power

Peace warrior

Words of wisdom

I've read the posts on this topic and wanted to share some words of wisdom to maybe give you guys peace. I've been in your shoes, walked your footsteps and battled your battles. Not having enough units to answer calls can be frustrating and if you let it, can eat you alive. Don't fret over the things you cannot change, even if you don't agree with it, accept that things are this way for now and nothing lasts forever. The only one you can control is yourself. Focus on one call at a time, do your best on that call, then go to the next and keep your safety first priority. I've yet to meet someone in patrol that can handle two calls at once. And anyone who expects to do more with less is not realistic. "Back in the day", I knew deputies who had to write their limas at home because they didn't have enough time during the shift. They worked their call, got their field notes and went to the next call. Don't fall into the trap of being cynical and hopeless because things beyond your control need attention. Focus on what you do have control over and that's you. Don't worry about the pending calls stacking up, that's for supervision to manage. And if you feel pressured to speed through the call you are on to get to the next one, chances are we tend to take shortcuts. So you have two choices, do it right or do it fast. The last thing I'll leave you with is one day you won't be putting on that uniform any longer and none of this will matter. Stay healthy, focus on your loved ones and faith and stay safe my brothers and sisters. Thanks for being sheepdogs.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If there is a budget crisis, why are they creating high paying positions for staff who have recently retired? (JH, PB, WJ) they're all back!!!
    Apparently JH was kept around to ruin the fire department.

Unregistered
    Apparently JH was kept around to ruin the fire department.
    You’re late to the party, but glad you could make it. It’s been kinda boring ‘round here lately.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2914418]You’re late to the party, but glad you could make it. It’s been kinda boring ‘round here lately.[/QUOTE

When I saw those initials I couldn't resist. From what I've heard he can't comprehend math. PCFR now has severe manpower problems, but that started with his predecessor, also a gift from PCSO.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2915072]
    You’re late to the party, but glad you could make it. It’s been kinda boring ‘round here lately.[/QUOTE

When I saw those initials I couldn't resist. From what I've heard he can't comprehend math. PCFR now has severe manpower problems, but that started with his predecessor, also a gift from PCSO.
    I don’t know a ton about their agency, but I do know there has been very little support in favor of their new chief. Heard JH hasn’t created too many waves there, but their chief is a real toolbag...blowing money on new paint schemes (again) and renumbering of trucks just to make it “more like it was down in Broward”, among other silly issues the workbees don’t support.

Unregistered
    What I gather overall from this entire thread, is that if you don't play their game or drink their Kool-aid then PCSO isn't a good agency to work for. Noted.

Unregistered
    For the new guys; leave while you can and make another career someplace else. For the old guys, well you know.. I feel bad for you guys

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234