Man power
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man power

Unregistered

Man power

How long is it going to take before another deputy gets hurt or worse before King Grady sees there is a man power problem,,,,, shifts working with 6 or less getting hammered call after call after call,,,,supervisors saying we will get more man power soon but it never happens..seems that grady is to interested in his softball games,,jeepin with judd or what ever then his own people,,,,,good luck...

Unregistered

Yeah right

Haven't you heard, the $2,000.00 sign on bonus has fixed everything. Even if 10 newbies happen to join the ranks at once, that'll mean nothing, it would take 20 new hires to put 1 more body on each shift and believe me there aren't 20 bodies on the way. but you can bet there are more deputies with applications in at other agencies that are about to leave this agency. Soon you will be showing up with 3-4 bodies at briefing. But you better get those stats up mister because Corky isn't about to have his gleaming reputation of lowering crime and putting record numbers of criminals in jail jeopardized by the likes of understaffed shifts. And the figures don't lie, but the liars figure.

Unregistered
    maybe it will go back to the way it was when some of the old timers started with 3 working everything north from lk wales and 3 south of that and 5 in central and you know since most of the brass live in the west they will have 15--20 on every shift......that keeps the appearance of several deputies on the road........

Unregistered
    oh wait don't forget all the specialized units that are full and how they do what they want when they want and come to work in what ever and how ever they want to dress and their little beards and hats and shorts or bdu pants... calls pending and they are sitting on their ass at the sub station discussing where they are going to eat...

Unregistered
    Some things never change. Thats why the agency is now a training ground only.

really fed up

man power

CST units are pointless!! Patrol is so busy with call after call that they don't have time to "patrol" to deter crime which means more and more burglaries keep happening. Having more marked units to actually patrol especially the bad areas like we used to have with the COPS units. Now all of them are glorified Quebec units in an unmarked. How is doing a 1050 on Combee rd gonna prevent someone from breaking into a house on Skyview? it's not but good job on your 1015 for no valid DL that really helps the community. I bet the public would love to know how very little their neighborhood is patrolled and protected because there's not enough units on patrol to do it because they're busy working on the burglaries that might have been prevented.

k9riso
    The shifts are short. So are the CST units on the east side. Manpower was reallocated to the west because of a slight percentage increase in captured crimes. This is why there’s an initiative about every week. The whole agency is short of positions who wear a gun belt. Detective units have and will run fully staffed, that’s just how it is. I’d love to have more people, more money, a Tahoe, and maybe an MP5 but it’s not gonna happen so I make the best of it.

Your statement that CST units are pointless is a little off base. When administrated properly the concept of proactive policing and intelligence based policing are extremely effective at reducing crime. While these units reduce crime it reduces the work load(read Limas) for patrol. There’s a key phrase above in “administrated properly”. I agree, without argument, that an adjunct traffic unit making criminal traffic arrests all day will not have any substantial impact on crime other than to possibly displace it due to observed police activity.

In SE we work with a different strategy to develop intelligence and target prolific offenders as opposed to arresting residents willy nilly. We routinely clear burglaries previously NFL’d using intel developed from proactive arrests. This approach has led to a substantial reduction in SE. SE still suffers from shifts short of deputies even some of the CST people TDY’d back to patrol.

The key to ANY proactive program is the people. Seasoned, intelligent, and motivated deputies should be in the CST spots but frequently this is not the case due to the shifting schedule. As a patrol deputy you have the power to proactively police and develop leads\targets. Patrol is the backbone of this agency because they touch every call first. They also talk to more people every day than any other unit which gives them more chances to gather intel. Every shift has time to be proactive(dayshift has it early, nightshift has it at the end) so take advantage and make a good name for yourself.

Rather than complain about the CST program you could join it and work positively from within. Come to SE, we are progressive and open minded as to strategy because we have a great chain of command who gives us the freedom to use our skills to close cases. If you’d like to discuss options for success in your district feel free to shoot me an email.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by k9riso View Post
    The shifts are short. So are the CST units on the east side. Manpower was reallocated to the west because of a slight percentage increase in captured crimes. This is why there’s an initiative about every week. The whole agency is short of positions who wear a gun belt. Detective units have and will run fully staffed, that’s just how it is. I’d love to have more people, more money, a Tahoe, and maybe an MP5 but it’s not gonna happen so I make the best of it.

Your statement that CST units are pointless is a little off base. When administrated properly the concept of proactive policing and intelligence based policing are extremely effective at reducing crime. While these units reduce crime it reduces the work load(read Limas) for patrol. There’s a key phrase above in “administrated properly”. I agree, without argument, that an adjunct traffic unit making criminal traffic arrests all day will not have any substantial impact on crime other than to possibly displace it due to observed police activity.

In SE we work with a different strategy to develop intelligence and target prolific offenders as opposed to arresting residents willy nilly. We routinely clear burglaries previously NFL’d using intel developed from proactive arrests. This approach has led to a substantial reduction in SE. SE still suffers from shifts short of deputies even some of the CST people TDY’d back to patrol.

The key to ANY proactive program is the people. Seasoned, intelligent, and motivated deputies should be in the CST spots but frequently this is not the case due to the shifting schedule. As a patrol deputy you have the power to proactively police and develop leads\targets. Patrol is the backbone of this agency because they touch every call first. They also talk to more people every day than any other unit which gives them more chances to gather intel. Every shift has time to be proactive(dayshift has it early, nightshift has it at the end) so take advantage and make a good name for yourself.

Rather than complain about the CST program you could join it and work positively from within. Come to SE, we are progressive and open minded as to strategy because we have a great chain of command who gives us the freedom to use our skills to close cases. If you’d like to discuss options for success in your district feel free to shoot me an email.

heres another brain washed soul..... keep kissing butt you'll get your promotion.....

The grass is greener
    Congrats on the 9th star. Maybe that will help with manpower problem. Oh, does that 9th star pay in lump sum or installments.
    😜

Unregistered
    I gotta tell ya, K9riso. I respect your professional post, and your enthusiasm for putting a positive spin on a difficult problem. But you sound more like a hiring infomercial, or someone trying to get promoted, than someone who is actually working the street, up to your knees in the muck. It really does help to keep your own morale up by keeping a positive frame of mind. But buddy, you need to lay off the kool aid...just for a little while.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast