Crashes rise 48% under Tom Knight's ticket writing madness
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Crashes rise 48% under Tom Knight's ticket writing madness

Tom Knight mandatory ticket-writing madness has no effect on crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Salman
    Crashes in Sarasota County increased 48 percent in four years, which is the sharpest rise in the region.

Four corridors — including Beneva, Honore, and areas surrounding Jacaranda and Venice Avenue — accounted for 10 percent of all Sarasota County crashes.

Instead of addressing the above four corridors, Sheriff Tom Knight said, "If you go on the interstate, it will be a standstill in the Fruitville Road and University Parkway area. If you drive that stretch, you will always see crashes from the stop-and-go traffic."

Knight asked Sarasota County Commission for money to hire five more traffic deputies, at an estimated cost of $701,797 per year. The increased sheriff's budget proposal comes as the county projects revenue shortfalls through 2023.

Knight said he plans to put the deputies east of I75 in Sarasota County.
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...d-more-crashes

Unregistered
    I'm thinking increased vehicle traffic caused more crashes, which has nothing to do with ticket stats. I like more traffic units to work those extra crashes

Unregistered
    More traffic deputies = Good
    Less knightmare = Better

Unregistered

KnIGhTmArE on Ringling Boulevard

So when Knight is asked about the 50% increase in crashes in the county, he points to the interstate. That's classic. He doesn't know what he's saying or doing because FHP works interstate crashes. Why was Knight allowed to open his mouth? I thought that he was not going speak to the press anymore because he keeps sticking his foot in his mouth?

Unregistered
    Just think about it-

No matter what Sheriff Knight says to the commission he can't produce any factual information/documentation that writing 100 tickets reduces the number of crashes (he only talks over opponents). Police managers in larger cities have tried, there is just nothing to prove that it (writing tickets) works other than number manipulation AKA smoke and mirrors. Mainly because the actual tickets written are not for speed violation and if they are for speed violation most deputies are writing the offender a lessor offenses. Reducing the chance of a court appearance on said deputies day off. Those are the facts and can be proven. He does not want you to know that. Interview 100 citizens who were stopped in the last 6 years. Ask each of them why they were stopped and what the outcome was. Most are failure to provide an insurance card after being stopped for a greater violation. If you do not believe me go check the clerks records. How is that going to stop crashes in Sarasota County?

What is Sheriff Knight's plan to reduce the number of crashes? He doesn't have one. Here is why. If confronted Knight knows that crashes are not his responsibility, in the long run he can pass the buck and point the finger. That responsibly belongs to the Florida Highway Patrol and the real fact is that the Sheriff turns 90% of the crashes in the county over to the FHP. So why would he need more money for traffic deputies if he (us) does not work crashes? If the FHP holds the responsibility and crashes are handled by the FHP, why is Knight asking for more money from the citizens? Wouldn't it be better for the citizens to give the money to the FHP because they are actually working the crashes?

County Commissioners please use common sense. You will never see those traffic crash numbers reduced by buying new traffic deputies. Do your research on how to reduce crashes and spend our money wisely. Lives are depending on it.

Dispatch have FHP respond.

Unregistered
    Vehicle collisions across Southwest Florida have spiked since the Great Recession, as a surging population growth, tourism and development bring more traffic to the area.

Knight is right, AGAIN.

OMG, the stock market is down!!!! Must be Knight's fault!!!!.......Hahahahahahahaha

You TROLLS are stupid!

stop the knightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Knight is right, AGAIN.

OMG, the stock market is down!!!! Must be Knight's fault!!!!.......Hahahahahahahaha

You TROLLS are stupid!
    You rile up the entire agency by making stupid posts like that. This website and multiple employee-lawsuits against "Knight's nuttiness" is proof positive of that. The entire internal mess in the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is rotten fruit from Knight's poisonous tree. Just let it go...

Unregistered

fat **** in i/a

Quote Originally Posted by stop the knightmare View Post
    You rile up the entire agency by making stupid posts like that. This website and multiple employee-lawsuits against "Knight's nuttiness" is proof positive of that. The entire internal mess in the Sarasota Sheriff's Office is rotten fruit from Knight's poisonous tree. Just let it go...
    thats your instigator

Unregistered
    Who is giving money to Tom Knight's election? I know I am! I want to see him be our sheriff forever. I love writing tickets and I hammer out as many and much as I can, just as he has instructed me to. I usually sit near the mall parking lot and wait for people to leave the mall. Once they hit the street without their seatbelts I hammer them. Hey... and guess what? I love it and it is just what tom wants. Tickets Tickets Tickets. Quit whining you bunch of babies. Tom is my man. Who cares about the civilians? Grow Up and be good cops like Tom. If you don't like it leave. Simple.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who is giving money to Tom Knight's election? I know I am! I want to see him be our sheriff forever. I love writing tickets and I hammer out as many and much as I can, just as he has instructed me to. I usually sit near the mall parking lot and wait for people to leave the mall. Once they hit the street without their seatbelts I hammer them. Hey... and guess what? I love it and it is just what tom wants. Tickets Tickets Tickets. Quit whining you bunch of babies. Tom is my man. Who cares about the civilians? Grow Up and be good cops like Tom. If you don't like it leave. Simple.
    LOL

And best of all, Tom Knight HATES bodycams, so I'll NEVER have to wear one while making a f****** x50!!!! It's my f***** word against the citizens word -- and who-do-ya think people are gonna believe??? If you don't like it, then take it to court, jackass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast