Buyouts to ckear out the RODS? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    I see, shame would rather have some kid hired then an experienced LEO but that's how most agencies are even up here in the DC area

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by fedcop64 View Post
    I see, shame would rather have some kid hired then an experienced LEO but that's how most agencies are even up here in the DC area
    We used to be the other way around - people with police and/or military experience and maturity would get hired over 19-25 year olds with no experience. Blame in on the executive staff who makes the hiring decisions. On the other hand they complain about deputies with too little experience. Well, it is the executive staff's fault for these hiring practices.

I may just apply anyway, since I'll be applying everywhere else, screw it let them tell me no. Maybe they won't because they know I'll be retired and this will just be a second career. We get alot of them at our agency, to me it's know big deal but to some administration people I guess some snot nose kid is a better hire. They can teach them how they want again I dunno. Thanks for all the info guys and stay safe

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by fedcop64 View Post
    I may just apply anyway, since I'll be applying everywhere else, screw it let them tell me no. Maybe they won't because they know I'll be retired and this will just be a second career. We get alot of them at our agency, to me it's know big deal but to some administration people I guess some snot nose kid is a better hire. They can teach them how they want again I dunno. Thanks for all the info guys and stay safe
    The problem is, they will string you along and have you do everything and after seeing the four different doctors, poly, bullshit pysch rest, they will turn you down.

Screw that not worth the trouble then, I'll be certified in Florida to many other places will hire me. I'm not to worried but to go through all the bullshit and string me along and say no. They'd be cussed out so bad they'd be having nightmares and screaming in the night. I cussed out a Lt. on my dept so bad he avoided me until he retired.

I'm ex Border Patrol and if you know anything about the Patrol we are rough

Unregistered
    Don't listen to the one guy on this page that is ungrateful even though he has his job. Like any other department they have a thorough process that could take up to 6 weeks to get through, but it's no different than other quality agencies. You would be short changing yourself if you do not apply if you are interested. The other posted just worried you might excel and surpass him for special position. This agency has everything other agencies have; politics and bulls.t, but their training and equipment is top notch. The Sheriff has done some good things for the agency it is just his people skills stink. Apply and see if you get hired you might prove the other guy wrong. Good Luck!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't listen to the one guy on this page that is ungrateful even though he has his job. Like any other department they have a thorough process that could take up to 6 weeks to get through, but it's no different than other quality agencies. You would be short changing yourself if you do not apply if you are interested. The other posted just worried you might excel and surpass him for special position. This agency has everything other agencies have; politics and bulls.t, but their training and equipment is top notch. The Sheriff has done some good things for the agency it is just his people skills stink. Apply and see if you get hired you might prove the other guy wrong. Good Luck!!
    If thats true, then why does the average deputy have less then three years on the job? This agency does not like pre-serts.

I'm going to apply anyway, let them tell me know and why. And this will be my retirement gig anyway so no one has to worry about me taking cush spots or special assignment, been there done that had my fill. And no I don't want to be promoted been there done that as well, I'm tired of leading so think for my last LEO years I'll just follow

Unregistered
    That's not the right attitude either and if you saying this is your "retirement gig" then you might want to go elsewhere. He does not want slugs or ROD's, he wants productive people. Trust me when I say he wants people that will work until the job is done, but then *****es about overtime. He works 7 days a week and expects everyone else to if that's what it takes. He does not want people doing the bare minimum or less. Many have been targeted and fired for that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast