Coral gables police department dispatch unit

Unregistered

Coral gables police department dispatch unit

I see Coral Gables is hiring again what is going on there, are employees leaving to go to other agencies or is it something else. Also Plantation and Coral Springs is hiring again.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I see Coral Gables is hiring again what is going on there, are employees leaving to go to other agencies or is it something else. Also Plantation and Coral Springs is hiring again.
    Don't know about Coral Gables, but since Plantation and Coral Springs are the last two holdouts for the regional communications system in Broward, you might as well just go straight to BSO (as the regional "operator") who is also hiring: Communications Operator

If you hire on with Plantation or Coral Springs now, you may end up with the short end of the stick if they decide to join regional communications under BSO...Since those two cities didn't merge when regionalization commenced, there's no telling now whether their operators would be assured the same benefits as the other cities, such as original hire dates and seniority.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't know about Coral Gables, but since Plantation and Coral Springs are the last two holdouts for the regional communications system in Broward, you might as well just go straight to BSO (as the regional "operator") who is also hiring: Communications Operator

If you hire on with Plantation or Coral Springs now, you may end up with the short end of the stick if they decide to join regional communications under BSO...Since those two cities didn't merge when regionalization commenced, there's no telling now whether their operators would be assured the same benefits as the other cities, such as original hire dates and seniority.
    But the above agencies the salary is low, however Coral Gables there's lots of overtime, someone posted a few months back that they went for orientation and was told there was plenty of overtime. Plantation is starting their Trainee I believe at $28,000, Coral Springs is $36,000-$39,000 and BSO is $32,000. After conducting some research I notice that the salaries are higher in the wealthier areas because the residents are paying higher taxes. Also you want to get with an agency where you can move up and not get stuck in the same position.

Unregistered
    Yeah that was me the did a sit in for Coral Gables. Also went through the criticall dispatch exam, sit in, and interview and unfortunately was not offered a position. Although I felt my qualifications and military experience were outstanding for someone who never dispatched before