PBA questions - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PBA questions

Unregistered
    Hey tough guy, why don't you stfu. Which of those things you listed happened in the last 4 years? I don't think its rookies posting on this forum, because the rookies don't know any different than the way its been for the last few years. And half the stuff you referenced is being given back this time, if I read the latest email correctly. Step plan, well that's great, for the "rookies". But how about a freaking raise..... A real raise. Enjoy the kool aid

Unregistered

Really

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey tough guy, why don't you stfu. Which of those things you listed happened in the last 4 years? I don't think its rookies posting on this forum, because the rookies don't know any different than the way its been for the last few years. And half the stuff you referenced is being given back this time, if I read the latest email correctly. Step plan, well that's great, for the "rookies". But how about a freaking raise..... A real raise. Enjoy the kool aid

I am not trying to be a tough guy, I am just sick of people (yourself included) who continually bad mouth Mic and the PBA. Tell us exactly how many PBA meetings you attended, tell us about how times on your day off you carried a sign for a City Commissioner who would vote for your pay raise. I think you missed the point if you want change get involved. Please don't sit around and take shots at the only person and organization working on your behalf. As for your Kool aid comment it speaks volumes about your credibility. In the previous post I mistakenly addressed rookies. I could not believe anyone who has been at SPD longer than 12 years would not be aware of Mic's commitment and dedication. I stand by my earlier statement get involved or STFU.

Unregistered
    Ok. Where should we show up to carry signs and protest. What time should we be there? When is the next contract information meeting or workshop? Should I bring anything? What is my position on going to arbitration? I missed the position letter published by the PBA. We want to support the PBA, but you have to rally us and give us information so we can support you.

Unregistered
    We don't have meetings anymore. We don't rally at city hall anymore. We don't picket, wear pba shirts, get updates, get to vote on how we feel about the contract negotiations, hear crap about the contract negotiations, etc, etc, etc. When was the last meeting? Was it posted? Did anyone show up? Probably not, because these meetings are now secrets. So, Mic could be saving the world for us, but if we never see it,or hear about it, and things are only getting worse, how are we supposed to feel. Should we just believe you? Some anonymous person on a website? See, for those of us with tenure, we remember the way it used to be. We remember having a voice, being informed, taking votes on things, and filling the chambers at city hall. We remember Mics epic speech on the stairs of city hall. All that stopped 4 years ago, at that last meeting, the last time we actually saw the pba doing anything. Guess what else happened 4 years ago. Hint, it was on the last day of September, and it was the last day the pba showed us they care.

Unregistered
    No one is disputing what **** and the PBA have done on the past. No one (well almost no one) is saying that he is not fighting for us now.

What we are saying is that the entire way the PBA operates has changed. We the members are in the dark as to whats going on. For example, the PBA agreed to lowering minimum staffing to 12??? Really??? I did not get a say on that. Neither did anyone else and people are pissed abpout it. having 12 officers per shift is too few. Why was that agreed to??? Since when does the PBA just make decisions without informing the menbers of what those decions are?

The information should be funneled back to the members so we can let **** and the PBA know what we the members want or don'twant. Just about the entire negotiation process has been in the dark as far as the members are concenred.

Stop agreeing to things without our knowing about them and keep us in the damn loop better than a once every three month email. That's the problems.

Okiiii

OK

Please stop by the PBA office and talk to Laura, or ****. The PBA office is located back on east ave. I was happy to get an e-mail updating me on the issues. If you did not get an e-mail please give it to Laura at the PBA office., or join the PBA, as non-members will not get the information, as they do not pay dues like the rest of us. Good luck God bless...

Unregistered
    I asked at least 20 people today, and nobody received an email. Why don't we ever get a chance to vote on things any more. We used to vote on anything and everything. Do the 3 or 4 people who attend these meetings that nobody ever knows about really have a right to decide what is best for all of the members? Seems a little corrupt to me.

Unregistered
    Corrupt may be too strong a word but the process had definitely changed over the years. Gone are the days where bargaining topics were collected from the members. I have no idea where the the items being negotiated came from other than asking for the cola raise. Guess they just popped outta thin air.

Just stop this negotiating in the dark crap. Get with the members BEFORE the negotiations take place and take OUR wants to the table.

Unregistered
    I agree the pba needs to revamp the way its operating but its not corrupt. Like any elected person mic has the right to bargain on our behalf. But the issue is what is being bargained? So many of the issues have been kept quiet and not adequately communicated that members feel like they are being locked out. We have a right to be kept properly informed and not just randomly updated.

And I totally agree that it's past time we get more proactive. The public needs to know what's going on. They need to know we haven't gotten raises in over 8 years now. We are getting royally screwed by city hall. We need to let them know we won't take it laying down.

Unregistered
    I feel like this is the time to be rallying support. I have never had so many people tell me that they support us, or try to buy my dinners. With the public coming around and seeing how badly cops are being treated nationwide, we should be taking this to the public. Maybe Mic could get an article in the paper. Or maybe we could put an ad in the paper, or a billboard. Someone in town would donate space to put up large signs as you enter the city. Fruitville, 301, 41 etc. with tourist season coming up, the vacationers should be made aware that Sarasota city commissioners pretty much are trying to destroy the lives of their police officers. People should know. I don't think the commission would like this to go public. A big sign with a warning on it, letting people know they are entering a city that doesn't support its police officers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast