PBA questions
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PBA questions

Unregistered

PBA questions

Ok, with this latest email about the contract, which was absolutely terrible from either standpoint, I think it would be great if a representative came to the squad meetings and explained everything. Emails are easy, but what happened to the days when we would have meetings, take votes, discuss options? It seems like the city is giving us a really awful deal, and the PBA is counteroffering with a slightly less offer. What happened to the days when we used to try to get a "better" contract? What happened to picketing at city hall, and going to city hall meetings? And 12 minimum staffing? Seriously?

Unregistered
    Doesn't seem like SPD or PBA cares about the officers or officer safety.

Wonder who the city and command staff will blame when an officer gets hurt.. It's only a matter of time especially when we are running so low with officers on the street.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

We should be getting a discount on our PBA dues, after all, we are getting discounted representation. A goal of 12 officers? One good wreck, plus a shooting or something, and the city will essentially be functioning with no police. Seems to me in these times, with Isis attacks continuing to rise in America, plus all of the other things going on, we would be increasing officers. But hey, its SPD so why should anything we do make any sense?

Unregistered
    12 officers are more than enough to 99% of the time. The other 1% call the County for assistance. SPD has one of the highest ratio of officers to citizens in the state and MORE than every other local agency. If you are so afraid of getting hurt your in the wrong business, now get to work.

Unregistered
    You're an idiot

Unregistered
    Maybe, can you tell me why that would not work or if it's not true that SPD has the highest ratio to population number. I also have to think you mean 12 zones and are not counting detectives, SRO, or road supervisors. Bradenton has twice the crime and less people.

Unregistered
    That is why Bradenton is a shit hole !!

Unregistered
    The PBA has fallen way down over the past several years. Communication is virtually non-existent. Remember when the promotional process was revamped?? There were information meetings with members AFTER the negotiations, not b4. So its like oh ok, and why are you telling me this now rather than before the negotiations when I could let you know what I'd like in the process. Total joke.

We are going to get worked over again unless the PBA takes a harder stand.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    12 officers are more than enough to 99% of the time. The other 1% call the County for assistance. SPD has one of the highest ratio of officers to citizens in the state and MORE than every other local agency. If you are so afraid of getting hurt your in the wrong business, now get to work.
    Spoken like someone who doesn't grasp what it takes to keep crime down. If you actually believe less cops than what we have now is actually a good thing, then you don't work (although you may be employed - there's a difference) in this business. We scrape by some nights with 15 and calls stack up. Quality of service goes down, response times slow, customer service gets worse... all the obvious things.

But, since you clearly don't care about cops getting hurt - just like the rest of American society these days - what about the well-to-do citizens who will be obviously less well protected if this happens? Do you care about them? We pay for the things that protect us, and sometimes you don't need them... but when you do, you want them there quickly.

You know what, I'm going to stop paying for my car insurance too.. I haven't had to make a claim in a few years.

Unregistered
    Hard to convince the public we need anything when the shit like Officer Peanut makes the press.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast