"Patrol is the back bone of this agency" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    "Patrol is the back bone of this agency" is something I have been hearing for years now but it seems like more of a punishment because when you get fired or "let go", that is where they send you. Maybe you get a year off and then they rehire you and send you back to purgatory(Patrol). Then after being in purgatory for a year they send you back to your original position. All the while you have good patrol deps working their asses off or trying to kiss ass so they can get into someones inner circle(Deps that have not been in trouble).They never get a shot yet other people just get sent back to patrol as a punishment. I hope something changes because as much as they say how important patrol is they sure don't make the peon patrol deps feel that way.

They continue to say we are short on the street and short on supervisors. Why do we need so many damn supervisors anyways? Do we need a LT that works midnights on weekends? A Sgt can run a squad just fine on the weekends. Why do we need to have street crime squads if we are short? Maybe combine the squad and have a cpl and sgt run the street crimes squads instead of have 4 supervisors for 2 squads. God forbid if we think logical because we are top heavy as an agency when it comes to brass. who am I to question the almighty...
    Whooooa look at you, all the answers of how many supervisors are needed and all. Since you know so damn much, why can't you make a decision??? Try this do your job, and when a guy needs to go to jail put him there, instead of scratching your head and then calling 9 people, looking for someone to tell you, what crime was committed. I know you, your that guy that *****es about EVERYTHING. Here is logical thinking for you, take your keyboard and hit yourself in the face with it ass clown.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every recommendation for police supervision from every expert source suggests a 5 to 1 ration of supervisors to subordinates. If you didn't want to get kicked back to patrol, then you shouldn't have been such a screw up in CID for so many years.
    Boy isn't that the truth, amazing that he lasted as many years as he did. Tells you a whole lot with the SAO's all cringe when they get one of your cases... All I can tell his zone partners is to watch this guy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12