New chief - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New chief

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really O'Brien? Mel wants to move the agency forward. Sanchez has the most experience and training. Time will tell if he is cut out to be Chief. Give him a chance to sink or swim... We need to stop air our laundry on this website.
    You really need to read what I said. The City did not conduct any type of search when Frank Fernandez was selected. Fernandez was not sniffing a final interview for a Chief's position anywhere when a friend reached and selected him. Now we pick Sanchez without any type of search. Experience means nothing when you consistently over your career have difficulty communicating with people, and that is Sanchez's reputation. Eventually, O'Brien will be a better choice for Chief. For now, a national, or at least a regional search should have been conducted before committing to a bad choice like Frank Fernandez.

Unregistered
    You really need to read what I said. The City did not conduct any type of search when Frank Fernandez was selected. Fernandez was not sniffing a final interview for a Chief's position anywhere when a friend reached and selected him. Now we pick Sanchez without any type of search. Experience means nothing when you consistently over your career have difficulty communicating with people, and that is Sanchez's reputation. Eventually, O'Brien will be a better choice for Chief. For now, a national, or at least a regional search should have been conducted before committing to a bad choice like Frank Fernandez.
    That is because Hollywood is under the Dept of Justice and the FBI to clean up the corruption and racial profiling.

You haven't noticed?? it was either bring in the DOJ or just put bars around HPD.

Unregistered
    National Search. Fernandez was picked when no one would consider him, without a national, or even a regional search. Now Sanchez ? Even O'Brien would eventually make a better Chief.
    FF is a Dept of Justice contractor put in to clean up the corruption which he did.

Sanchez is continuing the job.

Unregistered
    FF is a Dept of Justice contractor put in to clean up the corruption which he did.

Sanchez is continuing the job.
    LOL! Fernandez just created more of a mess. Dept. of Justice contractor ? What planet are you living on. Fernandez was teaching high school students when his friend,the former City Manager, called him and said we are going make you a Chief without a search because with any type of search, he wouldn't be selected. No police dept. in the tri-county area wanted anything to do with him because he simply is not competent. Fernandez couldn't clean up his own a#s !

Unregistered
    That is because Hollywood is under the Dept of Justice and the FBI to clean up the corruption and racial profiling.

You haven't noticed?? it was either bring in the DOJ or just put bars around HPD.
    You obviously did not have to work under FF as our Chief. Except for a a few, he was hated like no other within the department. With all his shows and publicity stunts, he accomplished nothing during his 2 years. He is a man of no substance and marginal intelligence.

Unregistered
    You obviously did not have to work under FF as our Chief. Except for a a few, he was hated like no other within the department. With all his shows and publicity stunts, he accomplished nothing during his 2 years. He is a man of no substance and marginal intelligence.
    AMEN ! The few times he acknowledged us, he really thought he knew how to run a department. Clueless !

Unregistered
    Fernandez cleaned up nothing during his short tenure. Ask all of the I.A. guys who refused to work for him because they knew of his personal motives.

Unregistered
    Fernandez cleaned up nothing during his short tenure. Ask all of the I.A. guys who refused to work for him because they knew of his personal motives.
    I.A can't refuse to do an investigation. Nor can it refuse a lawful command from the Chief. They want the job they are in and doing. So your statement is a load of crap.

Unregistered
    I.A can't refuse to do an investigation. Nor can it refuse a lawful command from the Chief. They want the job they are in and doing. So your statement is a load of crap.
    You obviously don't know anything. 2 of the guys in I.A. wanted out so bad they retired early because of the idiot chief they were working for. Fernandez didn't know the difference between a lawful command and an idiotic and illogical command. Get the information straight before you comment. BTW, every I.A. case started under Fernandez to date was bungled because of the lack of direction from Fernandez and the lack of knowledge of the I.A. process. ( i.e. Schultz, Callari,Langley).

Unregistered
    Good riddance to an incompetent and unprofessional piece of s##t.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast