Dale Ritchhart
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dale Ritchhart

Unregistered

Dale Ritchhart

I just read an article that said Dale Ritchhart was running for sheriff?.... Thoughts - Opinions?

Unregistered
    I wish someone with substance would actually run.
    Starting his first article in the paper stating he left the sheriff office because there wasn't any growth, and now comes back to run shows its a campaign all about him.

He's not worth upsetting the apple cart.

Unregistered

2016 CCSO Election

Ed Pope and Bill Prummell are definitely out. They know their baggage and it won't be a secret much longer! The race is wide open for honest candidates. Anyone corrupt might as well head for the hills because you don't stand a chance this election!

Unregistered
    Pope got out of LE full time to run for Sheriff last time around didnt he? What is he doing now? Any idea why he didnt go back to FHP? They are constantly recruiting so I don't see why they wouldnt have taken back a trained trooper. Im just wondering what he's been doing during the past 4 years that sets him up to be the Sheriff and manage a $60M budget.

Unregistered
    Its election time. Regardless of who's team you are one, just be smart enough to see through sound bites and promises of the Utopia if you elect/re-elect "________" If they are returning candidates, do your homework and see how their positions have changed from the last race and then ask them why. Its usually not a real change of heart its a change in campaign strategy.

Elections are about power. Be cautious about the candidate who over talks the idea of "Im running for you". No you are you are running for the $140K paycheck. Spare the self righteous sermons about sacrifice. Although the job of Sheriff isnt easy, there are service related motivations for the same reasons we become cops. But many candidates far overdo the "for the people" speeches.

Absolutely DO NOT lose friends. Many of us have been through a number of these elections and for 90% of us, nothing changes on our level. You will still log on, handle your calls and log off. Don't let candidates whom you don't actually know pit you against people who have actually had your back for years. Stop slinging around words like "corruption" and "greed". It makes us all look silly. Interagency politics are everywhere and rarely amount to corruption and greed. And if a candidate tosses out those words, they are talking about your agency. Ask them specifically what they are referring to. Candidates aren't catering to you. They are catering to the voters and we make up a very small number of voters as deputies. They will tailor their speeches according to their audience. And the average voter could care less about shift sign ups or new guns or whether or not you think Captain Whoever should be a Captain. Candidates don't need the backing of the agency. They can spin it either way. If the cops want you, you say "See, even the cops want me because they know Im a leader." If the cops don't want you, you say "See, they are afraid Im going to upset the good ol' boy club and clean house" You can spin it how you like. Or... you can just say whatever you want. The voter isn't going to research their answers anyway.

If its the current sheriff, ask why we should give you more time if you have an issue with him. If its a new candidate, ask them why we should take a chance on you. If its the current Sheriff making promises, ask why they haven't already done it and get him to commit to a timeline. If its a new candidate get a plan. Sound bites aren't a plan. None of this "You have to vote for the bill to see whats in it" nonsense. But in the end, remember, the candidate really isnt even talking to you.

Most of all......again.... don't lose friends and ruin your career for some guy who wont remember your name a year from now.

Unregistered
    He's a cry baby hot head was never happy nor ever will be. He's almost as big as a joke as Pope. What's next Angelini?

Unregistered

Cool

That was a well written piece of advice about losing friends and getting involved in politics. As for this last INTERNET TROLL let me say I don't support anyone in this race but I know Dale pretty well and if you called him a "cry baby" to his face he would surely knock ALL the teeth out of your "purdy Mouf". Now continue with your banjo lessons and let the grown up people handle the Internet.

Unregistered
    You just confirmed what I said Jackass.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That was a well written piece of advice about losing friends and getting involved in politics. As for this last INTERNET TROLL let me say I don't support anyone in this race but I know Dale pretty well and if you called him a "cry baby" to his face he would surely knock ALL the teeth out of your "purdy Mouf". Now continue with your banjo lessons and let the grown up people handle the Internet.
    Yeah you pretty much just confirmed the comment about him being a hot head.

Unregistered
    And if you really know him like you say you would know my statement was 100 % correct Einstein. And I don't need banjo lessons I give them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast