MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 417
Page 417 of 482 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4818

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree!!!!!!!! I was done with my process and AT LAST MINUTE new physical so because I had to take the new physical test and did not make it after two tries well almost made it I was disqualified!!!!!!!!!!!!! A test that was not even told to me that was part of the process when I applied online or anytime in between. The department had already accepted the one I took from miami Dade college that was told to me and all others in orientation last year!!!!!!!!!!!no time to prepare for what’s not even close to the one they use to accept and I’m sure to the ones the cops already hired have to take!!!!! I call BS n y the sudden change. Disgusted is not a dirty enough word for the process!!!!!!!! Did anyone else have a similar situation ?????????
    They changed the test because most people in the academy were out of shape and didn't even pass on time the test from the college. All you had to do was finish the test. There were people that went to academy weighing close to 300 pounds.

Unregistered
    I agree!!!!!!!! I was done with my process and AT LAST MINUTE new physical so because I had to take the new physical test and did not make it after two tries well almost made it I was disqualified!!!!!!!!!!!!! A test that was not even told to me that was part of the process when I applied online or anytime in between. The department had already accepted the one I took from miami Dade college that was told to me and all others in orientation last year!!!!!!!!!!!no time to prepare for what’s not even close to the one they use to accept and I’m sure to the ones the cops already hired have to take!!!!! I call BS n y the sudden change. Disgusted is not a dirty enough word for the process!!!!!!!! Did anyone else have a similar situation ?????????
    Its very understandable the frustration with the long process, making sure everything is good on your behalf and finally making it to the end. I'm feel bad for you, but I must say the new physical test they implemented is i believe a far test. You don't have to be a athlete or in a incredible shape to pass. I will say I hope you don't give up and will try harder

Unregistered
    any updates for laterals ? 10 bodies out of pool of ppl waiting is a small number

Unregistered
    Well technically you should be in some sort of fitness schedule before going to the academy. The command is fed up by taking in applicants that day one of the academy are falling out and need to get the ambulance called upon.... So yea, they implemented this exam to weed out the weaker links. Sucks and sorry you had to go through that but it's reality and the department needs individuals who can actually be fit enough to tackle any situation that comes up on the job. Maybe you'll have better luck with another chill department like the beach or coral gables.

Unregistered
    Well de department needs physically fit individuals who can actually pass the first week of the academy... If a situation comes up where you need to take someone down or run after someone, you can actually do it. The department has too many overweight individuals and it's starting to weed people out. How do you figure that day one of the academy people are falling out. Makes no sense and it's time to bring standards back.

Unregistered
    I was able to watch two groups take the new physical test and the only people that failed were the out of shape women. All of the men passed and the two fit looking women passed, so it really wasn't that hard. If you weren't able to pass after a month of training you must have been extremely out of shape and you probably need a whole year to train and improve before you are ready for the academy. Otherwise you would just be slowing your classmates down because you're only as fast as your slowest team member. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but you do need to have perspective on these types of situations if you want to better yourself.

Unregistered
    Any updates?

Unregistered
    Anybody hear back from chain of command? It’s been a month.

Unregistered
    Anybody hear back from chain of command? It’s been a month.
    haven’t heard back in nearly 4 months

Unregistered
    No news is good news?

Page 417 of 482 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467 ... LastLast