MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 4
Page 4 of 482 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    how is it false info if the orientation is in august ? i got the email for aug 12 at 9000 miami dade headquarters . most of the people i know who applied got a date too. we are all military police.

Unregistered
    That's considered lateral btw.

Unregistered
    i applied non certified

Unregistered
    Okay boss goodluck to you. I just know they are processing non certs in August

Unregistered
    I don't have a reason to lie. just giving the rest a heads up.

Unregistered
    So is that what they want now, military background? I have a few friends who got hired, who are cops now and don't even have a 2 year college degree...

Anyways, anyone here have a college degree? I'm about to be done with my bachelors and paying myself through the academy... I can't wait forever.

Unregistered
    Yes, I have two bachelors from FIU. I am starting my masters now and interning with Miami Dade police this fall. Also, my father works for MDPD. I can have it ALL and my chances are still questionable! You just never know honestly..... I've seen people with no degree, no nothing and get hired. I've see cops with social media making them seem like a thug and get hired. Its all luck honestly. Hopefully we get lucky. If not, theres many local and federal agencies that will pick us up. But then again, theres many officers who are great officers with no degree. Just depends honestly. Best of luck.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, I have two bachelors from FIU. I am starting my masters now and interning with Miami Dade police this fall. Also, my father works for MDPD. I can have it ALL and my chances are still questionable! You just never know honestly..... I've seen people with no degree, no nothing and get hired. I've see cops with social media making them seem like a thug and get hired. Its all luck honestly. Hopefully we get lucky. If not, theres many local and federal agencies that will pick us up. But then again, theres many officers who are great officers with no degree. Just depends honestly. Best of luck.
    Cool! Thanks for that and Good luck with the process. My girlfriend did an internship with them recently, she enjoyed it very much. May I ask what you majored in college?

Unregistered
    Majored in criminal justice and public administration at FIU. Currently in a joint masters for Criminal Justice and Public Administration as well. And yes, definitely, looking forward to the Internship!

Unregistered
    Okay, yeah I'm almost done with my Bachelor's from Miami-Dade College... FIU prices a semester is a killer lol. Graduating debt free! I will be going to FIU for that same joint degree program on the Master's with CJ and PA. Then pay myself through the academy if I get no response from MDPD.

Page 4 of 482 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast