MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 321
Page 321 of 482 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 4818

Unregistered
    Whats the order? Reference letter, inteview 2. Psyc. 3 medical? When do you get the preliminary offer?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    for me its just an excuse to not hire u.......cause even the ones that do pass the psych ..either fail on the academy or do some stupid during probation year ,,, cause i have seen it....
    How do recruits fail the academy? I was just watching the BLE123 graduation earlier today and they mentioned 45 started, only 36 graduated.

Unregistered
    Thats the average 5 to 10 in a class of 40some

Unregistered
    Thats the average 5 to 10 in a class of 40some
    But how do they fail? Is it low scores on tests or do they also have physical requirements that cause them to fail, for example, complete a determined amount of push ups in certain time or you are kicked out?

Unregistered
    But how do they fail? Is it low scores on tests or do they also have physical requirements that cause them to fail, for example, complete a determined amount of push ups in certain time or you are kicked out?
    Depends on the person. Some recruits find out this is not what they really want to engage into, some have family issues, some struggle with the P. T and quit. It’s very on that particular person.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3010846]

That’s good to hear, so at least the results do not take long. May I ask when did you apply and approximately how long ago did you take your psych? (If you are a recent applicant; I’m trying to gauge the time it might take for me to be scheduled for psych)

Thanks!
    I’m a lateral. I just completed my medical now I’m waiting on the phone call in reference to when to put in my 2 week notice.

Unregistered
    Depends on the person. Some recruits find out this is not what they really want to engage into, some have family issues, some struggle with the P. T and quit. It’s very on that particular person.
    Fair enough. I worry about that aspect a bit; I’m not a fat slob, but I ain’t an olympian either. I can hold my share of physical strain, and have been reasonably working out. I’m in my mid 30’s. If I get the call, I’d be leaving a decent position and would be taking a huge salary cut, but I feel that law enforcement is my calling, so that’s why I’m putting everything into it, but the thought of not being able to perform PT on par with more athletic individuals and getting kicked out of the academy worries me somewhat. I mean I passed the PAT test at 4mins10secs, but I bet the academy is way more exigent than that simple test. Still, I keep my fingers crossed for a call.

Unregistered
    Mi gente family and friends come first. Then you... relax, in the meantime workout because the academy is not what it used to be. I warned you.

Unregistered
    First of all, you do not fail the academy. You either stick with it or you resign. No one kicks you out, you kick yourself out.

In the academy they expect 100% effort, if you're lazy and you can't take screaming in your face... go apply elsewhere. Yes the exams require a certain passing score as well. Good luck!

Unregistered
    First of all, you do not fail the academy. You either stick with it or you resign. No one kicks you out, you kick yourself out.

In the academy they expect 100% effort, if you're lazy and you can't take screaming in your face... go apply elsewhere. Yes the exams require a certain passing score as well. Good luck!
    That’s good to know. As far as me, I am willing to give 100% into it. I’m somewhat used to the screaming; went to high school that was military style, so we had our share of screaming and corporal punishment. I’m also a commercial pilot, so through training I got used to dealing with a lot of studying and performing under lots of stress. But like I said before, I feel law enforcement is my calling, that’s why I’m decided to make it happen.

Good luck to everyone!

Page 321 of 482 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast