MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 283
Page 283 of 482 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 4818

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The good news for you is you're DQ'd yet. It could be anything; you left out some detail they found out about, they're digging deeper into some other part of your history, you've been deprioritized in favor of another applicant (**it happens!), BI got handed more work, etc... Don't give up, just fill in your time with your alternate plan for now.
    I totally understand what you mean and i get it but i just think its a bit odd not hearing any word for 5 months straight. I thought the whole time that either they lost my file or google mail got any kind of malfunctions.

And like you said,maybe the next class is at the end of may 2019 which is just a few months away.i still have to do psych and medical ! (And fingerprinting i guess?)

Unregistered
    They were recently hiring for BI's maybe that's the problem. Low pay and high case loads.
    Low pay? You sure about that? Try like they make about 50,000 a year!!! Perhaps these applicants don't fit the demographic quota if you know what I mean, just look at the classes. Pretty much if you are an Anglo (especially male) you have about as much chance of winning the lottery. Hispanic males pretty much the same (unless you are mulatto or black Hispanic). Heck, even a black male has more of a chance getting hired in cracker town USA than a white male getting hired with agencies in Miami Dade County..🤔🤔🤔🤔

Unregistered
    I’m a Dec ‘17 applicant. I received an email in Jun ‘18 to turn PHQ in July. Was asked to reapply in Aug ‘18. Had orientation October ‘18 in which I received an email 2 weeks before advising me to bring my FBAT scores. During orientation sat down with a temporary BI and went over file. They asked for username and passwords for all social media and signed some papers. I was also schedule for polygraph that same day and was asked to bring PAT completion paper within 30 days. Took polygraph 2 weeks later and didn’t hear back till end of Nov from my assigned BI. Was asked for 5 reference letters and high school transcripts and to bring that for interview. Interview was at the end of DEC ‘18 in which I was fingerprinted and went thru my files in detailed. I was asked to log in to my social media and look thru all my pictures and post. That same day after my interview, I learned from my neighbors that the police had knocked on their door with a picture of me and asking a few questions. Also, they had called all my work/personal references. I was told my file was gonna go up to thru the chain of command and I’m just waiting for the next step - Psych and medical. Which I believe is 30 - 45 days before next class which is schedule for end of May ‘19. At least is what my BI advised me.

The process is long and be patient. From what I’m gathering they look at everything. Even financial. So, if **u have negative things on **ur credit report start working on it. They are not looking for perfection. We are humans and go thru unwanted situation thru out life. Just be honest and that will increase **ur chances of being selected.

Good Luck to all!!!
    What was the interview like? Who interviewed **u and what was asked?

Unregistered
    Weird,i did everything **u did (except bringing in 5 letters of recommendation and fingerprinting) before i had to re apply in aug 2018 and that was the last time i heard from my BI when he wrote me to re apply in aug 2018.Havent heard anything from my BI the past 5 months til today.Neither my references nor my neighbors have been contacted yet from my BI aswell.

Wtf is my BI been doing the past 5 months ? Did they lost my file ? There is absolutely no communication whatsoever.I dont even know what the status is of my file
    What was the interview like? Who interviewed **u? What was asked?

Unregistered
    What was the interview like? Who interviewed **u? What was asked?
    Well,i turned phq in jan 2018 at the mdpd hq.Went to orientation in march 2018.Received email to come back to hq in may 2018 to meet with a temporary BI to go over file,had to sign some papers and other papers regarding social media (i dont have social media) then got scheduled to take poly at the end of june 2018.Passed the poly and got assigned my BI 3 weeks later after i took the poly and was told by my assigned BI to re apply on aug 20th 2018.That was the last email i received from my BI til today.

The questions they ask are basic and straight forward.Just relax and answer them.Be honest if **u have any parking/speeding tickets,any court stuff or any driving record whatsoever.Dont expect from any of them to work full speed lol as **u can see in the comment section here,there are a lot of ppl who are waiting for months for an answer from their BI's

Unregistered
    Well,i turned phq in jan 2018 at the mdpd hq.Went to orientation in march 2018.Received email to come back to hq in may 2018 to meet with a temporary BI to go over file,had to sign some papers and other papers regarding social media (i dont have social media) then got scheduled to take poly at the end of june 2018.Passed the poly and got assigned my BI 3 weeks later after i took the poly and was told by my assigned BI to re apply on aug 20th 2018.That was the last email i received from my BI til today.

The questions they ask are basic and straight forward.Just relax and answer them.Be honest if **u have any parking/speeding tickets,any court stuff or any driving record whatsoever.Dont expect from any of them to work full speed lol as **u can see in the comment section here,there are a lot of ppl who are waiting for months for an answer from their BI's
    Was it a panel interview?

Unregistered
    What was the interview like? Who interviewed **u and what was asked?
    My background investigator interviewed me. I was given a paper with common interview questions to fill out as my BI was going thru my social media. Question were like why do **u want to be a police officer. How do **u feel about deadly force? What qualities do **u have?... I was asked what I was doing to prepare to be a police officer.

There’s affidavits written and signed by **u in support of anything that was questionable in **ur file. Remember, **ur file goes up the chain of comman. So, higher ups are reading **ur file and things are just in black and white as oppose as getting a feel of who **u are in person. Whatever **u write be very detail. **** almost like preparing **u for when **u have to do reports for when **u are on the job. I assume **ur BI does a report of **u as well for their higher ups.

Like I said previously, be sincere and that will increase **ur chances. Also, if they ask **u for any papers, like HS transcripts, marriage certificates, etc.. provide ASAP. They will put as much effort on **ur file as **u provide as much effort to get them what they ask for. In other words, show interest. They are getting stricter and picky lately, they do want to put foward the right people. They even have Drill Sergeants now. And **** true what someone else said, already people have quit from the Dec ‘18 class. Start exercising and learn **ur codes. They don’t tell **u but **u are expected to know at least the common one the 1st week.

Unregistered
    Okay. What about social media? Are we not allowed to have social media and interact with people across the world about sports, politics and what not?

Unregistered
    Was it a panel interview?
    No,just you and a BI

Unregistered
    BI's dont mske $50k. The most $35k.

Page 283 of 482 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast