MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 258
Page 258 of 482 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 4818

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who are you dinosaur????? Are you a former police officer that’s retired now? Or are you a former employee that wanted to be a officer but didn’t make it?
    Hello..i am a former PPO with MDPD... Hired in 1996/97, I am not retired...I left MDPD in 1997 due to fact that my wife (ex-wife now) was very insecure about me being a police officer, so I resigned to Director Carlos Alvarez at the time...fast forward 21 years later and reapplied in 2017 and was told that since I have a business contracted with adult entertainment clubs, I am being DQ'd because of that reason..something in the effect that MDPD frowns upon being attached to adult entertainment clubs...one side note my sister was/is hired by MDPD as a police officer since 2008..this is why I harp and vent on here when I see people claiming that nepotism (friends & family) is happening at MDPD, I chime in here and tell them not so fast, because I am a former PPO and my sister is a PO there and I was DQ'd/not hired and I am an example of no collusion!!!! also be advised, when I went through the academy, some of the people are now Sgt's,LT's,Captains and Chiefs...I am a humble person and won't ask people I know there to make phone calls or pull strings...since I am unable to give back to the community through policing, I can try to help qualified applicants with any questions they may have on here...enough of about me, this is about you guys/gals better understanding of standard operational hiring procedures...I had my chance 21-22 years ago, now its YOUR turn!!! words of advice...be honest,punctual,dress in business attire,smile,and NEVER betray the BADGE...I wish you all luck in your future endeavors.....to be right..you have to act right...The Dinosaur : )

Unregistered
    Hello..i am a former PPO with MDPD... Hired in 1996/97, I am not retired...I left MDPD in 1997 due to fact that my wife (ex-wife now) was very insecure about me being a police officer, so I resigned to Director Carlos Alvarez at the time...fast forward 21 years later and reapplied in 2017 and was told that since I have a business contracted with adult entertainment clubs, I am being DQ'd because of that reason..something in the effect that MDPD frowns upon being attached to adult entertainment clubs...one side note my sister was/is hired by MDPD as a police officer since 2008..this is why I harp and vent on here when I see people claiming that nepotism (friends & family) is happening at MDPD, I chime in here and tell them not so fast, because I am a former PPO and my sister is a PO there and I was DQ'd/not hired and I am an example of no collusion!!!! also be advised, when I went through the academy, some of the people are now Sgt's,LT's,Captains and Chiefs...I am a humble person and won't ask people I know there to make phone calls or pull strings...since I am unable to give back to the community through policing, I can try to help qualified applicants with any questions they may have on here...enough of about me, this is about you guys/gals better understanding of standard operational hiring procedures...I had my chance 21-22 years ago, now its YOUR turn!!! words of advice...be honest,punctual,dress in business attire,smile,and NEVER betray the BADGE...I wish you all luck in your future endeavors.....to be right..you have to act right...The Dinosaur : )

And what is a Miami Dade police department PPO?

Unregistered
    A PPO is a Probationary Police Officer (while you are in Field Training).

Unregistered
    I filled out my application for the BLE self sponsor. Going to enjoy the remaining of 2018 and the holidays, so I can turn it in come January. I am not waiting any longer for a miracle. -Rico

Unregistered
    I filled out my application for the BLE self sponsor. Going to enjoy the remaining of 2018 and the holidays, so I can turn it in come January. I am not waiting any longer for a miracle. -Rico
    When did you initially apply are you a 2017 applicant? Did you ever hear from them?

Unregistered
    How long does the background process take? I’ve been waiting for a long time.

Unregistered
    Define long time? Ive got more than 6 months and ppl that onow tell me thats not long and my file is complete , background done.

Unregistered
    Define long time? Ive got more than 6 months and ppl that onow tell me thats not long and my file is complete , background done.
    When did you apply? AND when did you hear from your BI

Unregistered
    Dude !! Most of the ppl in here are from dec 17, the group from 2015 are pretty mutch hired or dqd/ if you are a 2018 it will take about some 3 or 4 months to hear something, from there is a case by case thing! Unless you got somebody on the inside, chill relax and wait... your BI probably 6 months after you apply, some of. Us went to orientation and the person we talk to wasnt our bi , some ppl have never met their bi , just my email sooooo again there is no time set!

Unregistered
    Dude !! Most of the ppl in here are from dec 17, the group from 2015 are pretty mutch hired or dqd/ if you are a 2018 it will take about some 3 or 4 months to hear something, from there is a case by case thing! Unless you got somebody on the inside, chill relax and wait... your BI probably 6 months after you apply, some of. Us went to orientation and the person we talk to wasnt our bi , some ppl have never met their bi , just my email sooooo again there is no time set!
    Your right they need to listen patience is key,one of my buddies who applied in 2017 and went to orientation before me was hired within a year his currently in the academy, but then again he was also an intern there.

Page 258 of 482 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268308358 ... LastLast