MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 110
Page 110 of 482 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 4818

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was extended a conditional offer of employment pending a psychological evaluation and medical exam yesterday. I'm scheduled for my psychological exam next week. It's looking promising for April.
    Good for you. I here some people have completed all that and are still waiting to be scheduled for the next academy. Good luck!!

Unregistered
    Good for you. I here some people have completed all that and are still waiting to be scheduled for the next academy. Good luck!!
    Thank you, however, it's also an open competitive advertisement, so I can only assume that the best qualified applicants will be chosen. Veterans and individuals holding some type of formal degree. Oh, and we can't discount the individuals that "know" someone within the department who many times out rank those who are more than qualified.

Unregistered
    How did you guys hear from your BI? Because im going on to 2 months since my poly and I have not received an email or call.

Unregistered
    How did you guys hear from your BI? Because im going on to 2 months since my poly and I have not received an email or call.
    Nope. Haven't heard from mine either. It's been since last year since I took my poly. Haven't received a letter about the poly either.

Unregistered
    Yesterday made a month for me and I've heard nothing. Will continue to patiently wait.

Unregistered
    Nope. Haven't heard from mine either. It's been since last year since I took my poly. Haven't received a letter about the poly either.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but on average it's taking a year to a year and a half from a submitted application until academy, faster if your're a veteran, hold a degree, speak another language or happen to be the son and/or daughter of a major. Everyone will will opportunity to show his or her worth, just be patient.

Unregistered
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but on average it's taking a year to a year and a half from a submitted application until academy, faster if your're a veteran, hold a degree, speak another language or happen to be the son and/or daughter of a major. Everyone will will opportunity to show his or her worth, just be patient.
    Yeah this maybe true, but if everyone is basically in the same situation it's kinda misleading to think everyone will have to wait that long to finish the process

Unregistered
    Yeah this maybe true, but if everyone is basically in the same situation it's kinda misleading to think everyone will have to wait that long to finish the process
    Some may have to wait longer, remember this is a open competitive position, not all applicants are equally qualified. Some are processed faster or slower depending on their qualifications. If you're referencing that timeline on your packet from orientation.. don't. I've never heard of an applicant being processed in 6 to 8 months for MDPD, a year to a year and a half is becoming the norm.

Unregistered
    Some may have to wait longer, remember this is a open competitive position, not all applicants are equally qualified. Some are processed faster or slower depending on their qualifications. If you're referencing that timeline on your packet from orientation.. don't. I've never heard of an applicant being processed in 6 to 8 months for MDPD, a year to a year and a half is becoming the norm.
    Not necessarily true. Read your own info?? If you have a connection inside you won't have to wait too long. And if you pass the poly and psych and the department let's it expire by not processing you before a year passes they will have to pay for you to do it twice. So to waste money on eligible candidates doesn't look good to the taxpayers who fund the public service departments of Dade County.

Unregistered
    Not necessarily true. Read your own info?? If you have a connection inside you won't have to wait too long. And if you pass the poly and psych and the department let's it expire by not processing you before a year passes they will have to pay for you to do it twice. So to waste money on eligible candidates doesn't look good to the taxpayers who fund the public service departments of Dade County.
    I don't need to read it, I wrote it and I'm aware of what I wrote, you reilerating that an individual who has a connection will move at an accelated rate is a moot point, anyone with any sense can deduce that. However they are the exception and not the rule. The average timeline for an applicant is not 6 to 8 months and that was my point barring the individuals who are selected by way of nepotism. You have a nice day though and good luck to you.

Page 110 of 482 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast