MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 129
Page 129 of 482 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 4818

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Trying to say investigator told me no news is good news
    Yeah that maybe true but that still doesn't mean that you will be picked up sooner than you think or anticipate

Unregistered
    Just trying to have a positive outlook this site is depressing lol

Unregistered
    I'd also apply to other police departments as well, MDPD is the ideal department for a lot of applicants, but no applicant should have to wait over a year to be processed in this climate. I'm a 2015 applicant, medical pending and it's been a year and 5 months to date, that's ridiculous. If the department needs police officers, hire police officers. Compare MDPD with MPD, a department that processes applicants anywhere between 4 and 6 months and has an academy every other month or so. I applied with MPD in January 2017, I've taken my PAT, gone to orientation, taken my psychological and been scheduled for my polygraph. Morale of the story, apply wherever you can and go with whomever calls you first and then make the most out of it. Just my 2 cents and good luck.
    doggie if your anglo saxon male and applying with MPD?? good luck with that!!!! they dont hire white non hispanics!!! dont believe me go look on 2 ave and 4st when they do flag ceremonies in the morning..there will be a couple classes out there... AFF.Action at its best.... anglo male file in backgrounds probably gets 07 or on the bottom of the stack of others... and if you happen to see an anglo male trainee then the world probably has tilted off its axis and plummeted into the sun...nice cliche there eh?

Unregistered
    Might get some crap for this question, but how does MDPD work with raises? Are the first couple of increases a bigger percentage and when you get to top pay they will be capped at 2-3% annual? And what does one pay in medical insurance for a family?

Unregistered

Question To: MDPD Hiring Process

Miami-Dade Police when will you contact the 2017 applicants? This waiting sucks. I'm almost done with my Masters degree and I want to move out of my mommas basement, seriously! I want to a new life, be able to have my own house, a nice truck and a trophy wife! Please!!! Call me!!! :-(

Unregistered
    Miami-Dade Police when will you contact the 2017 applicants? This waiting sucks. I'm almost done with my Masters degree and I want to move out of my mommas basement, seriously! I want to a new life, be able to have my own house, a nice truck and a trophy wife! Please!!! Call me!!! :-(
    Sadly people from 2015 are still on the process, to include myself.

Unregistered

2015 applicant

Sadly people from 2015 are still on the process, to include myself.
    still waiting 2015 applicant as well, poly was my last step.

Unregistered
    Might get some crap for this question, but how does MDPD work with raises? Are the first couple of increases a bigger percentage and when you get to top pay they will be capped at 2-3% annual? And what does one pay in medical insurance for a family?
    You get 5% step raises every year for about 5 years. Then you get a 5% at 10th and 15th year, and that's it. That maxes you out at about 70-80,000 a year. The day's of yearly pay raises are gone.

We haven't received a raise since about 2008-9. The mayor says he gave all employees a 4% raise this year, but that is BS. He restored a small percentage of what is owed to us from when he cut our pay due to "dire fiscal crisis" of the County budget. It was supposed to be returned when things got better....... NEVER HAPPENED.

It's a huge shell game and the PBA is good for nothing. (other that hiring friends that recently retired)

Health Insurance: you can pay anywhere from $290 biweekly to $1200 biweekly for family coverage. Depends on level of coverage (HMO or PPO).

Unregistered
    You get 5% step raises every year for about 5 years. Then you get a 5% at 10th and 15th year, and that's it. That maxes you out at about 70-80,000 a year. The day's of yearly pay raises are gone.

We haven't received a raise since about 2008-9. The mayor says he gave all employees a 4% raise this year, but that is BS. He restored a small percentage of what is owed to us from when he cut our pay due to "dire fiscal crisis" of the County budget. It was supposed to be returned when things got better....... NEVER HAPPENED.

It's a huge shell game and the PBA is good for nothing. (other that hiring friends that recently retired)

Health Insurance: you can pay anywhere from $290 biweekly to $1200 biweekly for family coverage. Depends on level of coverage (HMO or PPO).
    Thanks, so when I see people making over 100k its a bunch of OT or promotions. Also how does the pension system work now for new hires here? Is it a % of pay for last few years of service?

Unregistered
    Thanks, so when I see people making over 100k its a bunch of OT or promotions. Also how does the pension system work now for new hires here? Is it a % of pay for last few years of service?
    My friend has been working with MDPD for 12 years and he makes $85k and he does put in OT, but nowhere close to $100k

Another friend has been in since 2000 and last year she made $120k I believe she is now in a specialized unit not sure haven't heard from her since she tied the knot.

It'll be a long time before you make $100k if you're looking to be rich pick another career.

Page 129 of 482 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast