MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 284
Page 284 of 482 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 4818

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Okay. What about social media? Are we not allowed to have social media and interact with people across the world about sports, politics and what not?
    You can. They just want to see what you post. Getting a feel of who you are, I suppose.

Unregistered
    Weird,i did everything you did (except bringing in 5 letters of recommendation and fingerprinting) before i had to re apply in aug 2018 and that was the last time i heard from my BI when he wrote me to re apply in aug 2018.Havent heard anything from my BI the past 5 months til today.Neither my references nor my neighbors have been contacted yet from my BI aswell.

Wtf is my BI been doing the past 5 months ? Did they lost my file ? There is absolutely no communication whatsoever.I dont even know what the status is of my file
    Did you have an interview yet? When you get scheduled for interview they ask you to bring your reference letters and also get fingerprinted. That’s when they start your background investigation.

Unregistered
    Did you have an interview yet? When you get scheduled for interview they ask you to bring your reference letters and also get fingerprinted. That’s when they start your background investigation.
    No,did not had any interview whatsoever yet.

I passed poly at the end of june 2018,3 weeks later after i passed my file got assigned to my BI and he said that he will start processing my background.In august 2018 i received a email from my BI saying that i need to reapply on aug 20th 2018.i re applied and that was the last time i heard from my BI (aug 2018).

Til today i havent received any email from my BI to turn in any letters or to stop by to get fingerprinted whatsoever.

Unregistered
    Oye balsero did you get a call or what?

- Rico

Unregistered
    BI's dont mske $50k. The most $35k.
    35k? How do you figure? The base salary of a MDPD Officer starting is 52,000/yr. You're telling me after a few years on the road - you get assigned to become a BI and get your salary reduced? I don't think so. Try again.

Unregistered
    35k? How do you figure? The base salary of a MDPD Officer starting is 52,000/yr. You're telling me after a few years on the road - you get assigned to become a BI and get your salary reduced? I don't think so. Try again.
    A BI at MDPD is not a sworn law enforcement officer. MDPD BI's are civilians.

Unregistered
    Has anyone knows if their background has been completed or have gotten a conditional offer letter?

Unregistered
    A BI at MDPD is not a sworn law enforcement officer. MDPD BI's are civilians.
    This in fact can be true. Civilians also pulls the applicants application to process them. Other departments B. I are mostly Police Officers.

Unregistered
    Has anyone knows if their background has been completed or have gotten a conditional offer letter?
    Dec 2017 app here,waiting for a sign of life from my BI since aug 2018.almost 6 months without anything.Waiting for my file to get approved by a chain of command (?) or waiting for word of completion of my background i guess.Have to take psych and medical.

Unregistered
    Hello, first of all, MDPD BI's are indeed civilians...Perhaps one or two are prior LEO's and have retired from he/she respective agencies... he/she picks up this position because its extra money, plus their retirement from other agency he/she worked for... Now, as for LEO's working in PMB, there are SGT's,LT and a Major..Until around 2011ish, the Major position was held by a civilian named Commander, whether it was Dicedo,Shafftley or Valdes..Once the last commander retired, he was replaced by a Major in PMB...Remember one thing, MDPD is not like other agencies and hire applicant's in 3-4 months, average applicant takes about 1-2 years to process (tidbit, one 1 in about 13 applicant's will be hired)….Also be advised,there are BI's that have been down there for a long time and make decent money...I hope this makes more transparent for you to understand the dynamics of PMB..I worked for MDPD (PPO), hired in 1997 and left in 1998..Everyone take my advice, please be 100% honest in your process (PHQ), you would rather be DQ'd for being honest, than trying to be slick and hide your life story negative situations!!!! good luck to all in your future endeavors....to be right...you have to act right..The Dinosaur

Page 284 of 482 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast