MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 282
Page 282 of 482 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 4818

Unregistered

My Experice Thus Far

I’m a Dec ‘17 applicant. I received an email in Jun ‘18 to turn PHQ in July. Was asked to reapply in Aug ‘18. Had orientation October ‘18 in which I received an email 2 weeks before advising me to bring my FBAT scores. During orientation sat down with a temporary BI and went over file. They asked for username and passwords for all social media and signed some papers. I was also schedule for polygraph that same day and was asked to bring PAT completion paper within 30 days. Took polygraph 2 weeks later and didn’t hear back till end of Nov from my assigned BI. Was asked for 5 reference letters and high school transcripts and to bring that for interview. Interview was at the end of DEC ‘18 in which I was fingerprinted and went thru my files in detailed. I was asked to log in to my social media and look thru all my pictures and post. That same day after my interview, I learned from my neighbors that the police had knocked on their door with a picture of me and asking a few questions. Also, they had called all my work/personal references. I was told my file was gonna go up to thru the chain of command and I’m just waiting for the next step - Psych and medical. Which I believe is 30 - 45 days before next class which is schedule for end of May ‘19. At least is what my BI advised me.

The process is long and be patient. From what I’m gathering they look at everything. Even financial. So, if you have negative things on your credit report start working on it. They are not looking for perfection. We are humans and go thru unwanted situation thru out life. Just be honest and that will increase your chances of being selected.

Good Luck to all!!!

Unregistered
    Anybody in the August 2018 get an email?

Unregistered
    I did this month for a Feb PHQ turn in. I’m a lateral.

Unregistered
    August 2018 still turning in phq's ?! Holy shit.

I thought aug 2018 started the orientation in feb ?

Im a dec 2017 app waiting for the psych and medical email.Why are they so slow jeez

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    August 2018 still turning in phq's ?! Holy shit.

I thought aug 2018 started the orientation in feb ?

Im a dec 2017 app waiting for the psych and medical email.Why are they so slow jeez
    You've completed background?

Unregistered
    You've completed background?
    Well its been 5 months now since the last time i heard from my BI so i sure hope he is done with my background like soon or at least working on it.

Im waiting for the conditional offer of employment email but i just dont know how long a background check usually takes ! My BI did not responded to my email i send her in dec 2018,thought that was a bit odd

Unregistered
    I’m a Dec ‘17 applicant. I received an email in Jun ‘18 to turn PHQ in July. Was asked to reapply in Aug ‘18. Had orientation October ‘18 in which I received an email 2 weeks before advising me to bring my FBAT scores. During orientation sat down with a temporary BI and went over file. They asked for username and passwords for all social media and signed some papers. I was also schedule for polygraph that same day and was asked to bring PAT completion paper within 30 days. Took polygraph 2 weeks later and didn’t hear back till end of Nov from my assigned BI. Was asked for 5 reference letters and high school transcripts and to bring that for interview. Interview was at the end of DEC ‘18 in which I was fingerprinted and went thru my files in detailed. I was asked to log in to my social media and look thru all my pictures and post. That same day after my interview, I learned from my neighbors that the police had knocked on their door with a picture of me and asking a few questions. Also, they had called all my work/personal references. I was told my file was gonna go up to thru the chain of command and I’m just waiting for the next step - Psych and medical. Which I believe is 30 - 45 days before next class which is schedule for end of May ‘19. At least is what my BI advised me.

The process is long and be patient. From what I’m gathering they look at everything. Even financial. So, if you have negative things on your credit report start working on it. They are not looking for perfection. We are humans and go thru unwanted situation thru out life. Just be honest and that will increase your chances of being selected.

Good Luck to all!!!
    Weird,i did everything you did (except bringing in 5 letters of recommendation and fingerprinting) before i had to re apply in aug 2018 and that was the last time i heard from my BI when he wrote me to re apply in aug 2018.Havent heard anything from my BI the past 5 months til today.Neither my references nor my neighbors have been contacted yet from my BI aswell.

Wtf is my BI been doing the past 5 months ? Did they lost my file ? There is absolutely no communication whatsoever.I dont even know what the status is of my file

Unregistered
    They were recently hiring for BI's maybe that's the problem. Low pay and high case loads.

Unregistered
    I applied in August 2018
    December 2018 Turn My PHQ at MDPD head quarters.
    January 2019 I had my orientation. Combination of Non Certified (Mostly), and Laterals at least 3-4 laterals (Minimum)The rest was non certified. Schedule for poly end of Jan. 2019

In the orientation mpdp was speaking on how they put applicants through the academy, and a good amount usually quit while in the academy. I assuming they looking for the best applicants. I won’t be surprised if they look at how well you perform on your PAT.

I had a friend lateral and his process took 6 months (so he say 🤔&#129320. I’m guessing the laterals fill in for the applicant who quit doing the academy.

-so far 9 people quit from the December academy 2018

And when you’re with your B.I asked questions. Showed them you highly motivated.

Last Note: when you go to your orientation have a suit and shave all facial hair off. Mustache can stay. Make sure you turn you cell phone off. If it rings you will be dismiss.

Unregistered
    Weird,i did everything you did (except bringing in 5 letters of recommendation and fingerprinting) before i had to re apply in aug 2018 and that was the last time i heard from my BI when he wrote me to re apply in aug 2018.Havent heard anything from my BI the past 5 months til today.Neither my references nor my neighbors have been contacted yet from my BI aswell.

Wtf is my BI been doing the past 5 months ? Did they lost my file ? There is absolutely no communication whatsoever.I dont even know what the status is of my file
    The good news for you is you're DQ'd yet. It could be anything; you left out some detail they found out about, they're digging deeper into some other part of your history, you've been deprioritized in favor of another applicant (**it happens!), BI got handed more work, etc... Don't give up, just fill in your time with your alternate plan for now.

Page 282 of 482 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast