MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 332
Page 332 of 482 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 4817

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m a 2017 applicant as well. Med and psych scheduled. Is it possible to prepare for the psych?
    I’ve read a bit about the test (MMPI 2 I think). There is no way to prepare for passing. Rather you just have to be relaxed and forthcoming so that there are no discrepancies in your answers. Don’t try to incredibly polish your image or it comes back as deceitful and that will play against you. My friend, a psychologist, advised me not to think about it much because then that would “condition” me, kind of like making my personality stiff, and that would surely lead to inconsistencies in the answers. I will just go and take the test and be honest about my answers; if I don’t qualify then that means that my personal profile is not fit for that career and I’ll have to accept that. But here it is hoping that everything is smooth sailing and we all meet in the academy!

Good luck!

Unregistered
    I’ve read a bit about the test (MMPI 2 I think). There is no way to prepare for passing. Rather you just have to be relaxed and forthcoming so that there are no discrepancies in your answers. Don’t try to incredibly polish your image or it comes back as deceitful and that will play against you. My friend, a psychologist, advised me not to think about it much because then that would “condition” me, kind of like making my personality stiff, and that would surely lead to inconsistencies in the answers. I will just go and take the test and be honest about my answers; if I don’t qualify then that means that my personal profile is not fit for that career and I’ll have to accept that. But here it is hoping that everything is smooth sailing and we all meet in the academy!

Good luck!
    I was told the same thing about the inconsistencies. Thanks for getting back to me and I hope to meet you in the next academy. Good luck to you!

Unregistered

Red face

I’m a 2017 applicant as well. Med and psych scheduled. Is it possible to prepare for the psych?
    Got the call too. Med and psych scheduled. I hear the same as well about the psych. Consistency is key. Be yourself. No one is perfect and they know that. I was also told to make sure to eat and go to bed early. It is a long day and you are going to need the energy to focus. Wishing you all the best and fingers crossed we see each other at the end of July.

Unregistered
    Got the call too. Med and psych scheduled. I hear the same as well about the psych. Consistency is key. Be yourself. No one is perfect and they know that. I was also told to make sure to eat and go to bed early. It is a long day and you are going to need the energy to focus. Wishing you all the best and fingers crossed we see each other at the end of July.
    Good to hear things are moving along and the academy is scheduled. Thanks for the info. I’ll be sure to get rest for psych. Good luck to you!

Unregistered
    Great to see many of you getting the call as well. Are you all scheduled for July 9 for the psych?

Unregistered
    Great to see many of you getting the call as well. Are you all scheduled for July 9 for the psych?
    Another Rotten Egg was arrested today according to the news media outlets. MDPD officer was arrested and accused of dealing in stolen trucks. Was he a friends and family that slipped through the cracks? Please hire us NON connected civilians that want to be police officers for the right reasons and not ulterior motives!

Unregistered
    Another Rotten Egg was arrested today according to the news media outlets. MDPD officer was arrested and accused of dealing in stolen trucks. Was he a friends and family that slipped through the cracks? Please hire us NON connected civilians that want to be police officers for the right reasons and not ulterior motives!
    That’s a pity and an embarrassment that some will tarnish the name of the institution in that manner. But not sure why you would reply to my posting with this; like you, I am a non-cert yearning to be given the chance but I am not connected to anyone in the inside, so basically I don’t get the “friends and family” treatment, lol.

Unregistered

Thumbs up What a LOSER!

According to Miami Dade County Employee Salary page he made $96k last year.

All that money and it was not enough for him??? Unbelievable!

Unregistered
    Anyone passed the polygraph recently and got scheduled for the PAT?

Unregistered
    Anyone passed the polygraph recently and got scheduled for the PAT?
    When we did orientation, we weren’t scheduled for PAT; instead, we were given a month to bring the results so I went when I had a chance and took it. I don’t think you will be scheduled but rather need to go down to the MDC campus on a day they are giving the physical test, pay for it and go wait for it to start. Good luck!

Page 332 of 482 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast