MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 214
Page 214 of 482 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 4818

Unregistered
    Isn't the Academy on the 21st?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Isn't the Academy on the 21st?
    Perhaps....but, that class is with ''year 2015'' QUALIFIED applicants; not Dec.2017 applicants...again people, don't take it personal if your not selected...keep improving your background for the future i.e. fix your credit,don't work 9 jobs in 3 years,improve your driving skills (stop getting tickets and accidents) and so on.....stop hiding background stuff like arrests,expungements,police calls to your house in the past,etc.etc. from your PHQ and background investigator and act like you FORGOT about those issues (or as i call them ''red flags'')...again, it's not burger king nor a HOA background to move into a condo...all that negative stuff will come to fruition during the process...be honest no matter how bad or embarrassing it may seem...since Dec.2017 i have been on here guiding and advising how to position yourselves to better qualified applicants...some listen some didn't...let it be a learning tool for the future..me (the dinosaur), balsero the rafter and rico suave might kid some on here but, we are here to help you guys and gals..i can speak for myself..i am a former PPO with Miami-Dade Police Department...IMO the best department to work for in this great city and country...for future reference, take this advice and make the best of in your future endeavors!!! may god bless you all.. stay safe whether your a civilian or sworn officer of the law...to be right ...you have to act right... The Dinosaur

Unregistered
    Coño consorte !! You almost make me cry bro, you got a make a ig or facebook page! And call it the guiding ligh by Dino 🧚🏼*♂️ But is true dont think you are going to be sleek and get by with stuff in your bi and get the job.

Tarde o tenprano is going to come out and you are going to end up DQ, kicked from the academy, fired as a ppo or even as a full flesh P.O. be honest or dont even try....

The Rafter sunday morning consejos.

Unregistered
    My cousin got hired with an old past arrest and he was straight forward with everything, so as dino says hiding it will end your hopes of ever applying with this agency or others.

Unregistered
    Border Patrol is hiring. I just applied for the San Diego, California job.

Unregistered
    I'm ready ... nothing new for me !!! I have received 17 notifications in 22 years as a career applicant...I will go see my priest,take 2 Advils and 06 back as a driver for Leon medical buses and smell the Royal violetas perfume during the day.. QRX until the next recruitment..good luck everyone...to be right..you have to act right.. the dinosaur
    Coño Dino if you are for real we've probably come across eachother in past recruitment. I had reapplied back in last opening went through everything pretty quick have been 100% honest I'm too old to BS. Got moved along had my file sent up the chain of command before the April 23 start date and waited stayed out if trouble work then go home to workout and family. Just got the DQ email with a chance to appeal. De pingus...they said they would give me a date to show up and review my file and see what the concern was. You or anyone know if the appeals ever worked or is it just a waste. Not gonna lie little bumbed out. I have a good feeling it has to do with one past supervisor that honestly had it in for me. I've never had issues anywhere else...but didn't want to lie and not put it in my file.

Unregistered
    How is the process for certified police officers?(not lateral)

Unregistered
    Coño Dino if you are for real we've probably come across eachother in past recruitment. I had reapplied back in last opening went through everything pretty quick have been 100% honest I'm too old to BS. Got moved along had my file sent up the chain of command before the April 23 start date and waited stayed out if trouble work then go home to workout and family. Just got the DQ email with a chance to appeal. De pingus...they said they would give me a date to show up and review my file and see what the concern was. You or anyone know if the appeals ever worked or is it just a waste. Not gonna lie little bumbed out. I have a good feeling it has to do with one past supervisor that honestly had it in for me. I've never had issues anywhere else...but didn't want to lie and not put it in my file.
    Greetings my friend..let me try to help you with the advice to best of my knowledge..the appeal used to be ( not sure if it's still the same ) you will have the option to have an interview with a chief upstairs on the 3rd floor..He/She will go over your file with you in reference to concerns that were needed to be addressed...then you will be able to vent and give your reasons why the department should override your DQ..He/She will give you the decision to continue in the process..but again, it could be not approved in the future by a assistant director...after that all other options are closed and waive the white flag..but, I know person won their appeal and he is a very fine officer today with the department...if there was no chance ..then their would be no appeal process...when you are at the meeting..be humble,be polite,dress professionally,say yes sir/ma'am,turn off cell phone ( I would leave it in the car),no cologne or perfume, don't talk bad about other people coworkers,bosses,etc..when done with the meeting advise the chief "thank you for taking the time for entertaining and revisiting your file for employment."" Also,smile and shake his/her hand and exit the office..hope this helps you..don't give up..to be right you have to act right..The Dinosaur

Unregistered
    Thanks man for the response, I appreciate all the insider info. I did call the number on the email. The lady in appeals told me that she'd have to find my folder and it would take approx two business days for her to get back to me. She then proceeded to tell me that when she calls me back she would give me a date so that I can come in and review my file and the concerns, after that I would have a chance to write the Major of Recruitment a letter of appeals. I like your version better than hers no doubt. I will definitely let you know what's up after it's done. Good luck with your process as well. By the time we finally get hire and pass the academy we would be ready for retirement...I also am a fellow oldtimer.

Unregistered
    Thanks man for the response, I appreciate all the insider info. I did call the number on the email. The lady in appeals told me that she'd have to find my folder and it would take approx two business days for her to get back to me. She then proceeded to tell me that when she calls me back she would give me a date so that I can come in and review my file and the concerns, after that I would have a chance to write the Major of Recruitment a letter of appeals. I like your version better than hers no doubt. I will definitely let you know what's up after it's done. Good luck with your process as well. By the time we finally get hire and pass the academy we would be ready for retirement...I also am a fellow oldtimer.
    ok cool...i guess they have tweaked it a bit in reference to the appeal process...in any case..whomever you may speak to at PMB about your file, take my advice when going in person (if they decide to entertain an interview with you) on presenting yourself and who is revisiting and considering your appeal...Sgt. Leal and Major Holden are very good,fair,understanding and considerate People in Personnel Management Bureau..My situation is a bit different than yours considering i am a former PPO with MDPD..but nonetheless; be honest,if something did come up from the past own up to it....also, thank the young lady that made contact with you and reviewing your file again with the red flag or flags...when you do write the Major...at end of your appeal narrative letter..advise her ''thank you for the chance of a life time and the great group of civilians and subordinates in PMB.'' even if your appeal is denied...because at the end of day, you (the applicant) when applying and going through the process is telling your life story... trust me, it's not easy down there when you have 2000-3000 applicants in a recruitment and dealing with all the phone calls,letters,walk-ins,and emails..i have seen first hand....may god bless you and i do hope the best in your future endeavors....back to The Rafter's narrative above..i don't do social media stuff...i like to help people and don't want recognition for it..that is why created a handle on here ''The Dinosaur'' reasoning is because i am 47 years old and would have had 21 years with the department if i had stayed...this is not about me..this is about you guys/gals that are future MDPD officer's... and if i can help someone on here now and in the future, it would be well deserved...the only issues i have with these forums is you get people coming on here and talking smack about co-workers and brass about their person lives and rumors...this needs to STOP..the department a Team...a WHOLE team !!!! not Team A vs. Team B... TEAM stands for Together Everybody Achieves More...be safe everyone..love you all... The Dinsaur

Page 214 of 482 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast