MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 16
Page 16 of 482 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did you already attend orientation?
    Not me, scheduled for September 22nd. You?

Unregistered
    Did you already attend orientation?
    Still waiting ...

Unregistered
    I am currently in BLE 112... Spent three years in the hiring process. Start date for 112 was June 22nd.

I will make myself available to answer most questions you guys have about the rest of your hiring process and the academy; provided the answers to your questions are given without the sacrifice of my integrity.

I am not skimming through this thread to find unanswered questions so ask them again if you want them answered.

Unregistered
    I am currently in BLE 112... Spent three years in the hiring process. Start date for 112 was June 22nd.

I will make myself available to answer most questions you guys have about the rest of your hiring process and the academy; provided the answers to your questions are given without the sacrifice of my integrity.

I am not skimming through this thread to find unanswered questions so ask them again if you want them answered.
    Why did it take you so long to get hired? Three years? WoW!

Unregistered
    Three years? No way, you must of reapplied

Unregistered

I'm certified and took my poly in the first week of June. My polygrapher told me I passed, but I still have not heard anything at all since then. Is this normal or should I assume I was not chosen for further processing?

Unregistered
    Why did it take you so long to get hired? Three years? WoW!
    For anyone who applied when I did, initially in 2012-2013, it took that long. The reason being the recent freezes that have taken place in the hiring process. There are some trainees in my class who have waited way longer than myself actually... Years longer. This will not be the case with you all who have recently applied though. The road is begging for bodies - This is no secret. They are planning on running at least two more classes of certs and lats this year and about four un-certs next year. Your time will come if you're good to go on your poly, background and medical.

Expect your process to take about eight months.

I did have to re-apply after the freeze was lifted. However, the process (backgrounds) went a bit smoother from there being I only had to re-take my poly and medical because my previous results had expired.

Unregistered
    I'm certified and took my poly in the first week of June. My polygrapher told me I passed, but I still have not heard anything at all since then. Is this normal or should I assume I was not chosen for further processing?
    If your proctor gave you the thumbs up then that is a good sign. No news is good news. Once you have finished your poly it is up to your BI to get your background checked and completed so you can be scheduled for your psych and medical. You wont be processed further until your background is done. BI's work at their own pace, some faster and more efficient than others. Keep in mind they are working in overdrive with a ton of candidates right now.

If you have met or spoken with your BI I suggest you establish a solid line of communication with him or her. Luckily mine made herself available to me at all times; gladly answering any questions I had. Not all BI's are created equal.

They are running a class of certs this year... Best case scenario you will be able to get into that class.

Have patience. As far as poly results go - If you had an issue you would know sooner than later and if you didnt and still haven't heard anything you are most likely waiting on your BI to finish your background. It won't take long for you to get your psych and medical done. You won't be scheduled for your medical until you're 45 days out from your academy start date anyway.

Check your email. Answer the "unknown" call on your cell. Keep in touch with your BI... And have patience.

Unregistered
    If your proctor gave you the thumbs up then that is a good sign. No news is good news. Once you have finished your poly it is up to your BI to get your background checked and completed so you can be scheduled for your psych and medical. You wont be processed further until your background is done. BI's work at their own pace, some faster and more efficient than others. Keep in mind they are working in overdrive with a ton of candidates right now.

If you have met or spoken with your BI I suggest you establish a solid line of communication with him or her. Luckily mine made herself available to me at all times; gladly answering any questions I had. Not all BI's are created equal.

They are running a class of certs this year... Best case scenario you will be able to get into that class.

Have patience. As far as poly results go - If you had an issue you would know sooner than later and if you didnt and still haven't heard anything you are most likely waiting on your BI to finish your background. It won't take long for you to get your psych and medical done. You won't be scheduled for your medical until you're 45 days out from your academy start date anyway.

Check your email. Answer the "unknown" call on your cell. Keep in touch with your BI... And have patience.
    I wish I had answered the "Unknown" call I got yesterday after reading this.

Unregistered

?

What happens at orientation? and also what would make someone get disqualified in orientation? I heard last orientation 7 people were sent home.

Page 16 of 482 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast