MDPD Applicants - All Threads Combined - Page 18
Page 18 of 482 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Ble class I have a question.

I just recently got divorced, this has turned my credit in a tail spin...how bad is this going to affect me? Will I have an opportunity to correct this or will I be Dq at orientation?

Unregistered
    in the application it says list firms that i owe money to, does that mean my credit cards?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a question on the application: there's a question that ask how many law enforcement agencies I have applied for. I have applied for a bunch... only being asked to test for two. Do I put the two I've tested for only? or do I put all the agencies I put in an application for which those I never heard back from... for whatever reason.

Thanks again,
    Put ALL the agencies you have APPLIED for... Not just the ones you tested for. It is not uncommon that candidates apply for multiple agencies. It won't be held against you as long as you can articulate as to why you didn't continue the process with them.

I myself, was in the process with 5 other agencies. Got hired with no issue.

Unregistered
    Ble class I have a question.

I just recently got divorced, this has turned my credit in a tail spin...how bad is this going to affect me? Will I have an opportunity to correct this or will I be Dq at orientation?
    Credit is a very common reason for a DQ. They do however, take it on a case by case basis. Your totality of circumstance will dictate wether it becomes an issue for you or not.

They will take into account your total debt, your assets and liabilities and your financial history before and after your divorce. I'm not in a position to give you a direct answer on wether or not you will get a DQ because of your credit. I will suggest you be completely honest, have all your ducks in a row at orientation and hope for the best. Be sure you have all debts with creditors settled BEFORE orientation or for sure you will run into an issue.

Unregistered
    in the application it says list firms that i owe money to, does that mean my credit cards?
    Yes. That includes all debts currently owed. Car payments, school loans, home loans, credit cards... ETC.

Unregistered
    Thank you for the response again, sir!

To the other person asking about credit when is your orientation? Mine is on the 22nd of September.

Unregistered
    Question. This is the first time I'm going through a process with a PD. Not sure if this was asked before, and if it was I apologize. In the orientation how do they go over our application? Is it a one on one face to face thing? Or we all go through our applications together? Also how are we called one by one? and is it true they do a mini-background on us before orientation? I really have no idea what happens or goes on in an orientation. Step by step info from the beginning to end will surely calm my nerves if you might say lol. I'm nervous and excited as well.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Unregistered
    Thank you for the response again, sir!

To the other person asking about credit when is your orientation? Mine is on the 22nd of September.
    mine is Sept 9th

Unregistered
    Do you guys who have orientation have any education/military background? Thanks. Best of luck.

Unregistered
    I am non certified, non military, currently in college... not sure about the other people here.

Page 18 of 482 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast