Detective positions changed to Deputy

Unregistered

Detective positions changed to Deputy

So a position that has been a Detective position in recruitment and screening is posted as a Deputy position. Tells me that the spot is already filled by somebody who doesn't qualify as a Detective.

Anyone want to try and explain how things are done fairly here? This was done last year for an environmental spot as well.

Unregistered
    I don't think it is anything that sinister. There seems to be a general push to reclassify several detective positions which aren't considered latent in nature to deputy positions. Whether or not that is an accurate assessment of the responsibilities of the position is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't think it is anything that sinister. There seems to be a general push to reclassify several detective positions which aren't considered latent in nature to deputy positions. Whether or not that is an accurate assessment of the responsibilities of the position is another question.

Which would make sense.

Unregistered
    I didn't pull the position numbers so I don't know, but are you sure these aren't the "recruitment" side of the division who attend events around the country? These have always been deputies as far as I can remember. The background investigators were the detectives, and still are to my knowledge.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So a position that has been a Detective position in recruitment and screening is posted as a Deputy position. Tells me that the spot is already filled by somebody who doesn't qualify as a Detective.

Anyone want to try and explain how things are done fairly here? This was done last year for an environmental spot as well.
    Ok here goes you are an idiot.. Some positions in R and S have been reclassified, which means a deputy got a deputies position. This could of been found out very easily, but you wanted to come on here a ***** and a bunch of people to jump on the band wagon and tell you how wronged you were.