Off-duty jobs or secondary employment in Polk

Unregistered

Off-duty jobs or secondary employment in Polk

Hi, folks. I'm currently in background for a position with a small agency in Polk Co. Unfortunately, the salary is rather low and I was wondering if Polk SO shares off-duty jobs with outside agencies. If not, I was curious as to whether anyone might have information on additional employment working armed or unarmed security. I checked Craigslist, but it seems that the pay is right around minimum wage and I was hoping for something higher. Lastly, do most apartment complexes in Polk Co., specifically near Lakeland and Winter Haven, offer discounted rates to LEO's, or offer courtesy officer positions? Thank you. Stay safe, everyone.

Unregistered
    Share off duty details with other agencies? We can barely get the Lt in charge of details to share with the rest of us! We only get the scraps of what he does not want for himself and then we get those scrapes after he gives his minions first pick. Oh and the "you can only sign up for 5 details within a 24 hour period" that the rest of us trying to get details have to abide by does not apply to him or his minions who get to sign up for as many as they want.

As far as courtesy officers at apartment complexes, yes most have them. Just call around to them and ask if they have one or are in need of one.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi, folks. I'm currently in background for a position with a small agency in Polk Co. Unfortunately, the salary is rather low and I was wondering if Polk SO shares off-duty jobs with outside agencies. If not, I was curious as to whether anyone might have information on additional employment working armed or unarmed security. I checked Craigslist, but it seems that the pay is right around minimum wage and I was hoping for something higher. Lastly, do most apartment complexes in Polk Co., specifically near Lakeland and Winter Haven, offer discounted rates to LEO's, or offer courtesy officer positions? Thank you. Stay safe, everyone.
    Move down to Miami, we have so many details we can't cover them all. We share with FHP even though FHP don't share. Details are 32 an hour , Marlins game are 43 an hour. With Heat,Marlins,soon Soccer you can easily make an extra 50,000 a year. Yes 50,000 details alone. You are allow to work 35 hours a week , we have a 4/10 reg schedule son on your off days you can work 15 hours a day. Big time $$. I paid off my house in 10 years, 10 years ago. So come down south, make that $$$. Miami, Miami beach, Miami dace have the best details.

Unregistered
    All I know is there are some greedy mike foxtrots in this agency with off-duty jobs.

Unregistered
    The biggest complaint I have with the off duty work here, is the amount of retired or reserve deputies working off duty. It's the same few people that are making a full time living off of their off duty work, plus their retirement pension, plus their drop, vacation and sick buy out, and any other income they have. Go do a public records request for the highest off duty earners. Several are retired deputies making well over $1500 a month in off duty. You have retired, and have the ability to go find an actual job doing whatever you like, where we working Deputies do not. Stop taking limited money of our wallets to feed our families, to fund your next corvette or boat or fishing trip.

Sorry, reserves and retirees should be barred from working off duty jobs. Go find an actual job if you want the extra money. Leave the off duty jobs to working Deputies.