Your Attitude - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your Attitude

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The question is, is it true? If so, all of us police officers, black, white, or whatever, will fall further and further behind economically salary wise. We will suffer equally. On the other hand, if what was written is simply the racist ramblings of a KKK member then don't worry - the city will steadily increase your pay to keep you equal with other area departments. So far how is it working out pay wise? When you can't attack the message, attack the messenger; I guess that what you have done with your KKK remark. All of us know how most blacks feel about the police. Ironically, if you are black you will suffer financially with the rest of us. In closing, I hope that I'm as wrong as can be and that our salaries keep pace with other departments. Trust me, I want to be wrong about this. Time will tell.
    Unfortunately you are not wrong and everyone knows it. Sometimes (often times) I think that we are our own worst enemies. I plan on moving to an area (not Broward) where the police are respected and getting a job there. Why should I work for less money and have my children grow up in a ghetto influenced culture. The truth is departments across the country are trying real hard to hire black officers. Everyone knows it, so why should I continue to work for a department wherein the pay is going to continue to decline. I want my future children to be raised with a can do attitude, not a victim attitude. I can't say one way or the other what the previous poster's attitudes are about blacks. Probably not that great, who knows. What I do know is he or she is right about the average black attitude about our profession. Everyone has to do what is best for themselves. I don't believe that staying here is best for my (or family) long term situation.

Unregistered
    Unfortunately you are not wrong and everyone knows it. Sometimes (often times) I think that we are our own worst enemies. I plan on moving to an area (not Broward) where the police are respected and getting a job there. Why should I work for less money and have my children grow up in a ghetto influenced culture. The truth is departments across the country are trying real hard to hire black officers. Everyone knows it, so why should I continue to work for a department wherein the pay is going to continue to decline. I want my future children to be raised with a can do attitude, not a victim attitude. I can't say one way or the other what the previous poster's attitudes are about blacks. Probably not that great, who knows. What I do know is he or she is right about the average black attitude about our profession. Everyone has to do what is best for themselves. I don't believe that staying here is best for my (or family) long term situation.
    I along with EVERY officer that has left in the last five years that I have talked to agree on one thing: the grass is greener elsewhere. Do lot listen to the unhappy old timers that sit in the back of roll call and tell you otherwise. Several of the people who have left in the last year alone are already on specialized units at their new departments and tell me how high the morale is. Leave now if you can!

Unregistered
    Every officer that hasn’t left in the past five years is happy that they did. We have guys who are on probation at their other departments getting on specialized assignments because of their work ethic. Don’t listen to the disgruntled old timers in roll call that tell you the culture is the same everywhere. It’s not. Leave now if you can and your career will be better for it and you will be happier!

Unregistered
    Every officer that hasn’t left in the past five years is happy that they did. We have guys who are on probation at their other departments getting on specialized assignments because of their work ethic. Don’t listen to the disgruntled old timers in roll call that tell you the culture is the same everywhere. It’s not. Leave now if you can and your career will be better for it and you will be happier!
    Did you personally talk to each and every officer that left? or are you talking out of your a*s again? What the few that left and got fired from their new jobs or those that left and were unhappy and came back to MPD? As I thought, you are talking out of your a*s!

Unregistered
    Yeah right! A probationary officer getting specialized assignments? Your are truly an idiot!

Unregistered
    Whoa very interesting read. Thank you for the info.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234