Your Attitude
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Attitude

Unregistered

Your Attitude

When things aren't working the way you want them to, or you feel you're surrounded by problems, it can be tempting to look outward and try to change the things that you feel are causing issues. Chances are the issues you're facing aren't so cut and dry. The solution to the problem might just be your attitude. That's what pastor and educator*Charles R. Swindoll*believes:

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.

Good advice.

Unregistered
    Wow, you are ****!ng clueless! You must be one of those pussies that shows up last to hot calls because you are scared..

Unregistered
    Change the command staff and I guarantee you the attitude will change 100%.

Unregistered
    I choose to have a positive attitude regardless of your opinion.

Unregistered
    Its a little difficult to have a positive attitude when the car is driving straight toward the cliff and your netting $1285 a check. Just saying, but I get the whole zen master positive mental attitude thing, however your statement in this scenario is a little like saying if you just had a more positive attitude getting kicked in the balls wouldnt hurt so bad!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Its a little difficult to have a positive attitude when the car is driving straight toward the cliff and your netting $1285 a check. Just saying, but I get the whole zen master positive mental attitude thing, however your statement in this scenario is a little like saying if you just had a more positive attitude getting kicked in the balls wouldnt hurt so bad!
    So very true!

Unregistered
    When things aren't working the way you want them to, or you feel you're surrounded by problems, it can be tempting to look outward and try to change the things that you feel are causing issues. Chances are the issues you're facing aren't so cut and dry. The solution to the problem might just be your attitude. That's what pastor and educator*Charles R. Swindoll*believes:

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.

Good advice.
    Obviously written by someone who is seated at the right hand of the Cheif. Give me a break this place and the city admin is going to hell in a hand basket.

Unregistered
    Y'all pay sucks

Unregistered

How are you expected to have a career in south Florida or even be able to buy a house in your city if you NET $1,285 a check?

Holy shit .. for a high liability position as a police officer?
    That is sad

can the city float a bond and buy out the pension system and put you in the FRS?
    the 10,11,12,13% you are putting in the city pension can go back in your pocket so you can actually pay for your kids education.

that is pathetic.. I don't blame you for leaving

Unregistered
    The point of the article was to say that we have control over our attitudes. It was not to suggest that you be intellectually dishonest about the financial and work conditions you are under. If you allow the rotten place to poison your attitude - that bad attitude is often taken home with you and can poison your family. That's all. Your Attitude is something that the sorry city can't take from you unless you allow it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast