Newest IUPA News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Newest IUPA News

In a continuing effort to keep the membership informed of things going on in the upcoming PERC election please read the below information:

1) Approximately 200 of the PERC Cards submitted by IUPA to PERC for certification were thrown out by PERC for being insufficent in one form or another.

2) IUPA unsuccesfully attempted to get PERC to authorize them to allow Cross Certified Dentention Deputies to vote in the PERC Election.

3)Both the PBA President and the IUPA President were invited to participate in debate prior to the upcoming PERC Election. The PBA agreed to participate IUPA never responded.

Personally I find the above facts both upsetting and disturbing. If a few PERC Cards were dismissed for one reason or another that's par for the course, certainly not a big deal but 200 that over 30 percent of the total they submitted. Furthermore they do not have enough confidence in the current membership or the platform they are running that they feel the need to attempt to allow Detention Deputies to vote in our election. I personally love the Dentention guys but we have our union and they have theirs. I certainly don't think they want us voting in their elections. I know IUPA will say something like they didn't respond to the request to the debate because it would be rigged or their not going to get a fair shake. This is ridiculous because as we all know in a debate both sides get asked the same question so there is no way either side could be at a disadvantage. Furthermore both sides were told the debate could be held at the PBA or any other mutually agreed upon venue so no one has to feel like they walking into the lions den.
    IUPA consistently complains the PBA runs in a secretive and deceptive manner but look at their actions mentioned above, 200 cards thrown out, no wonder they were puhing for PERC Cards to the last day. It certainly seemed like they were concerned that there would be a problem and in the end they only actually had 350 cards that were counted by PERC not the 544 they claimed. IUPA has said as recently as last week they cannot provide the membership a vision for the upcoming contract until they are given an opportunity to be heard but yet without consulting with the membership they attempt to have the Cross Certified Dentention Deputies allowed to vote in our election without consulting the membership or informing anyone that they were doing it. These types of shady tactics are the things that IUPA constantly accuses the PBA of but yet can never back up the allegations with actual facts. But yet here they are pulling these disgraceful under handed moves which can be backed up by any one contacting PERC. Couple these antics with their refusal to participate in a simple debate scream to me that they know the platform they are running on and the product they are attempting to sell to the membership are inferior otherwise why else conduct yourself in this manner and not be willing to showcase your organization in a debate forum. Just food for thought.

Unregistered
    More PBA lies! According to PERC rules in order to trigger an election IUPA must have 30% of the BSO deputies sign PERC cards. 30% of 1388 deputies is 416 so IUPA must have a minimum of 416 cards and you say IUPA only has 350 cards. If this is true than PERC would not have ordered an election due to an insufficient number of cards submitted. PERC has ordered an election so YOU’RE WRONG AGAIN! Yes cards were thrown out by PERC because the cards thrown out were duplicate cards. IUPA had deputies mailing multiple cards in supporting their effort. You say IUPA was pushing PERC cards to the last day? Another PBA lie… the last day to file for the election is July 3rd. IUPA filed for the PERC election on May 7th. IUPA could have continued to collect cards for nearly 2 more months. You say PBA contacted the IUPA president for a debate? Never happened! At no time was anyone from IUPA’s headquarters approached to debate anyone. Even if there was a debate it would have been a waste of time with only 13 people at PBA’s morning meeting and 16 at the evening meeting. Clearly you didn’t attend the PERC hearing because the issue of Cross Certified deputies being included/excluded from the bargaining unit was an issue raised by the BSO legal staff not IUPA.
    Then you accuse IUPA of shady tactics but you post a laundry list of lies?

PBA’s too shady to represent law enforcement!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    More PBA lies! According to PERC rules in order to trigger an election IUPA must have 30% of the BSO deputies sign PERC cards. 30% of 1388 deputies is 416 so IUPA must have a minimum of 416 cards and you say IUPA only has 350 cards. If this is true than PERC would not have ordered an election due to an insufficient number of cards submitted. PERC has ordered an election so YOU’RE WRONG AGAIN! Yes cards were thrown out by PERC because the cards thrown out were duplicate cards. IUPA had deputies mailing multiple cards in supporting their effort. You say IUPA was pushing PERC cards to the last day? Another PBA lie… the last day to file for the election is July 3rd. IUPA filed for the PERC election on May 7th. IUPA could have continued to collect cards for nearly 2 more months. You say PBA contacted the IUPA president for a debate? Never happened! At no time was anyone from IUPA’s headquarters approached to debate anyone. Even if there was a debate it would have been a waste of time with only 13 people at PBA’s morning meeting and 16 at the evening meeting. Clearly you didn’t attend the PERC hearing because the issue of Cross Certified deputies being included/excluded from the bargaining unit was an issue raised by the BSO legal staff not IUPA.
    Then you accuse IUPA of shady tactics but you post a laundry list of lies?

PBA’s too shady to represent law enforcement!
    I'll post the email I sent Jeff Bell 2 weeks ago requesting his participation in an debate that he never answered. So what I'm understanding you to say is that a debate is a bad idea and if you had one where IUPA participated in it would be a waste of time. I have to tell you that the exchange ideas and information is never a bad idea from where I'm standing but Maybe you don't agree because you don't have any good ones which is repeatadley evidenced by your refusal to answer any questions about anything. Maybe after I post the email you should speak with Jeff Bell before you say anything more about that. Now that your aware of the fact that the IUPA chapter Presdient was invited to debate the Broward PBA President what's your answer will you participate or not?? Please correct me if I'm wrong but your admitting multiple PERC cards got thrown out and that IUPA supporters intentionally sent in duplicates and that to you isn't the epitome of shady. I'm sure you had no idea that was going on and I'm sure you can show some of type of evidence that you did your due diligence to stop it correct?? Just a suggestion but sometimes saying less is better then saying more. And why did BSO Legal staff raise that point, because IUPA wanted them to vote in the election and BSO wanted a ruling on whether they could or not.
    I look forward to hearing your response on the debate have a great day.

Unregistered
    I'll post the email I sent Jeff Bell 2 weeks ago requesting his participation in an debate that he never answered. So what I'm understanding you to say is that a debate is a bad idea and if you had one where IUPA participated in it would be a waste of time. I have to tell you that the exchange ideas and information is never a bad idea from where I'm standing but Maybe you don't agree because you don't have any good ones which is repeatadley evidenced by your refusal to answer any questions about anything. Maybe after I post the email you should speak with Jeff Bell before you say anything more about that. Now that your aware of the fact that the IUPA chapter Presdient was invited to debate the Broward PBA President what's your answer will you participate or not?? Please correct me if I'm wrong but your admitting multiple PERC cards got thrown out and that IUPA supporters intentionally sent in duplicates and that to you isn't the epitome of shady. I'm sure you had no idea that was going on and I'm sure you can show some of type of evidence that you did your due diligence to stop it correct?? Just a suggestion but sometimes saying less is better then saying more. And why did BSO Legal staff raise that point, because IUPA wanted them to vote in the election and BSO wanted a ruling on whether they could or not.
    I look forward to hearing your response on the debate have a great day.
    1. You stated that an invitation to the President of IUPA to participate in a debate was made. Jeff Bell is the President of BSODLE Association Local 6020. He is not the President of IUPA. You do realize that a debate between unions before a PERC vote is unheard of correct?

2. Deputies have mailed in multiple PERC cards. The multiple PERC cards from the same person are stapled together. When you submit the petition to PERC for an election ALL cards were sent in with the duplicates stapled together. PERC counts ALL cards including the duplicates giving you the number in the 700. IUPA only counts 1 of the multiple cards submitted by the same deputy giving you the 544 number. So 544 deputies signed cards but when you add in the duplicates you get the 700 number. Why were the duplicates sent in to PERC? Because you never know if PERC will deme a card invalid. Our biggest concern was legibility. Some deputies hand writing was very hard to read. In order to assure every person who sent in a PERC was counted ALL PERC cards were submitted with the PERC petition.

3. Neither IUPA or PBA raised the issue of Cross Certified deputies at the PERC hearing. BSO Attorneys did. It would be absurd to think IUPA wanted the DOD to vote in the DLE election. By adding 2,400 FOPE DOD employees it would make the total number in the bargaining unit 3,788 (1388 DLE and 2400 DOD). That would mean IUPA needs to submit 30% of 3,788 deputies. Bringing the cards need to trigger an election to 1,136. Why would IUPA push of this? This move would cause a dismissal of IUPA's PERC petition due to insufficient cards.

Unregistered
    4 The debate would be a waste of time because only 13 people showed for the PBA's morning meeting and 16 for their evening meeting. So all the preparation and money spent for a debate would have been a waste of time and the members money for 29 PBA supporters.

Unregistered
    4 The debate would be a waste of time because only 13 people showed for the PBA's morning meeting and 16 for their evening meeting. So all the preparation and money spent for a debate would have been a waste of time and the members money for 29 PBA supporters.
    I happen to totally disagree with you the exchange of ideas and information is never a waste of time unless you don't have any of your own or have something to hide. The Broward PBA President has no issue participating and whether you say it's unheard of or not I think it would be a great way for the undecided membership to make an informed decision on who they want to vote for. That all being said, will Jeff Bell debate Jeff Marano(President vs. President). This should be a no brainer and it could be done prior to your meeting so your concern about attendance. The only question now is: WILL IUPA ANSWER THE CHALLENGE???

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2207617]1. You stated that an invitation to the President of IUPA to participate in a debate was made. Jeff Bell is the President of BSODLE Association Local 6020. He is not the President of IUPA. You do realize that a debate between unions before a PERC vote is unheard of correct?

Just because YOU say it's unheard of doesn't mean it is. If it's so unheard of why PBA President Jeff Marano and IUPA President Jeff Bell has yet to respond?? It's time for IUPA to step up to the plate and put their money where there mouth is and earn the memberships votes.
    IUPA AND JEFF BELL WITH YOU EXCEPT THE CHALLENGE??

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2207699]
    1. You stated that an invitation to the President of IUPA to participate in a debate was made. Jeff Bell is the President of BSODLE Association Local 6020. He is not the President of IUPA. You do realize that a debate between unions before a PERC vote is unheard of correct?

Just because YOU say it's unheard of doesn't mean it is. If it's so unheard of why PBA President Jeff Marano and IUPA President Jeff Bell has yet to respond?? It's time for IUPA to step up to the plate and put their money where there mouth is and earn the memberships votes.
    ***Sorry Typo*** That should have read:
    If it's so unhead of why did PBA President Jeff Marano quickly respond he would participate and IUPA Jeff Bell fail to respond.

My apologies.

Unregistered

Ha I heard about his challenge! Mark Berman as the moderator. Lol Sounds fair to me....

Unregistered

Haha IstUPA, sounds funny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast