state of the agency

Unregistered

state of the agency

We have become an absolute joke in the law enforcement community. The recent promotions say it all. Promotion is not by experience, knowledge or ability. As proven thus week it's all about who you sick up to

The sergeants were laughable at best. Promote a guy who tased another deputy in the face while meeting. Promote a guy who ate evidence for his own use. Promote a guy who ran away from a man with a gun while a rookie stayed and did his job.

Lieutenants were just as funny. Promote a micromanage who drives 126 mph to a unruly 8 year old. Promote a guy who let a prisoner escape the let his car get stolen. Seriously these are the best we have?

People wonder why people are leaving in droves. Pay is pathetic and the answer is to raise starting but anyone with any tenure be happy for your 3%. The people making these decisions a are making over 100g.

We continously hear our employees are our greatest asset. If that is true try showing it.

Unregistered
    What's funny is all of that is true. The only story I'm not sure of or who it applies to is The ate evidence story. It's a sad state of affairs there. SGT's getting promoted after 3 years some of who have never made an arrest outside of training.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Hopeful Prospect

Hello. I was always told that seminole county was an elite force to work with. Best of the best. I'm going to start applying soon should I avoid scso?

Christopher Fowler

Unregistered
    While some of your stuff is true, the some isn't. The Sgt took the hit from the Taser operated by his partner. He's actually a decent guy.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    While some of your stuff is true, the some isn't. The Sgt took the hit from the Taser operated by his partner. He's actually a decent guy.
    Everything up there is true the new SGT that ran away MK are intials yep that's true. The New SGT that tasered another deputy yep that's true.

The micro managaing new LT that drove 102 yep that's true.

The new LT who had a patrol car stolen and allowed a subject to escape from custody yep also true.

The eating evidence one dunno about that one.

SCSO has become a watered down version of its old self. Promotions are made by who you know and that's it. Not on position on the testing list or anything else.

Unregistered
    Is that clown SGT Hanna still a SGT or did they finally realize hes an inept moron? Hes a walking lawsuit waiting to happen..

Unregistered

taser

the sgt is the one who got tasered. got to photo with the prong stuck i his chin. pretty good evidencr that one is not true. good job fact checking.

Unregistered

They still haven't figured it out

Is that clown SGT Hanna still a SGT or did they finally realize hes an inept moron? Hes a walking lawsuit waiting to happen..
    Yep, Ol' "I like to pick stuff up and put stuff down" is still running a shift. Everyone knows it about him but being a moron is not grounds for demotion here.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by chrfow777 View Post
    Hello. I was always told that seminole county was an elite force to work with. Best of the best. I'm going to start applying soon should I avoid scso?

Christopher Fowler
    "Best of the best?" Hmm, let me say this. I've always loved being a deputy in Seminole County. We have a beautiful, well manicured county without most of the hardcore crime seen elsewhere. Our economy seems to be strong as evidenced by our skyrocketing housing rates [good luck getting a new home anywhere under 300k] and non-stop development. Everyone's leaving so you can get promoted very quickly. If it's pay you're looking for, though. Don't bother. You can go to OCSO or OPD and in less than 10 years, without any advancement, make more than 20 yr lieutenants here. So, if you have a spouse making bank and money isn't the issue, then welcome aboard. Don't be too aggressive with the policing, though. They tend to frown on that. If you get too proactive in your efforts to arrest really bad guys they'll always find a policy you violated.

Unregistered

Wink

Yep, Ol' "I like to pick stuff up and put stuff down" is still running a shift. Everyone knows it about him but being a moron is not grounds for demotion here.
    HAHAH well compared to everything else thats going on there I am sure he is able to hide out among the rest of the minions and morons who keep getting promoted. If Lemma ever comes to a fast stop while walking so many heads are going up his ass its not even going to be funny.