A letter from the Teamsters
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

A letter from the Teamsters

As we anticipated special session has been moving quickly. Your lobby team has been meeting with legislators daily. Today June 4, 2015 Representative Rehwinkel Vasilinda filed House Bill 39A (HB 39A). This bill calls for a 7% across the board raise for state employees. We need your assistance in reaching out to legislators.
    The legislators need to hear from you the hard working men and women of the Department of Corrections. They need to hear how this well-deserved raise will assist with morale. A simple email carries a lot of weight from their constituents. The email or phone call should be short in nature with your name, where you live and work. Please be respectful in your request. We are professionals and must present our message in a professional and respectful manner if we want to be heard. This is an opportunity to participate and share your message and be recognized as the professional you are. Additionally discuss staffing shortages in your area and the fact that you have been doing more with less. Additionally, send a thank you to Representative Rehwinkel Vasilinda

Unregistered
    I will scare you even more. If you have been a part of this site for some years, you will remember that guy who went by the name " P". Well I was just told he is part of Teamster team who is at the session for the next week. So, we will not get a dime.

Unregistered
    I also have a problem if this was posted someone from the Teamsters. If you have ever gotten anything from the NRA and they want to 'Motivate' the Legislature with lets say an Email they will at the very least give you links to your Legislators, maybe tell you how to find out who your Legislator is, tell you who is dragging their feet. Again, just seems like a half effort to weak minded DC employees to wipe their own azz.

Unregistered
    No you are looking at this the wrong way. I am glad to know what is happening at the capital. And unlike you, I am not silly lazy to the point where I cannot look up the info my self. Hell, get out of your chair for once big boy. LOL

Unregistered
    I will make the call and make send emails tonight. We have nothing to lost by doing this so do it.

Unregistered
    I agree. I will call and send a email tonight too.

Unregistered
    They are trimming pet projects so any hope of a raise has set sail for this year. We might as well put all our efforts to 2016 and get our COLA back in our retirement. That's is the most important issue we face!!!

Unregistered
    Ms. Vasilanda was nice enough the file H39A for all state employee's to get a 7 percent raise. We have people trying to help us in Tallahassee. And all you can say is, lets give up? No, we need to keep fighting. I want to thank all the Teamsters who are fighting for the workers.

Unregistered
    7 percent for all state employees? With Governor Scott in office? Shit aint never happenin folks.

Unregistered
    Nothing will make you happy. Again, Ms. Vasilinda is trying to help. You must be a very a very sad person who lives a very sad life.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast