Tattoo policy change? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered

bullies

spoken like true disciples of a certain LT! I long for the day when a family member or friend gets pulled over by a thug with a badge with a gold grill, dreadlocks and his gun belt around his knees. Better yet for those narrow minded individuals, I wonder if the doctors that you take your children to and their teachers are all tatted up, have gold grills and long drooping ears! You so-called cops have missed the points by that poster entirely! So quick to claim "manliness" because that's obviously what a true man is supposed to look like. Be careful who you speak to out there. There is always someone, bigger, stronger, faster and much more of a bad-ass than you who hide behind a computer screen. Professionalism has but one definition. You might want to look it up and it ain't got nothing to do with a stupid tattoo. Get a life wanna-be!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    spoken like true disciples of a certain LT! I long for the day when a family member or friend gets pulled over by a thug with a badge with a gold grill, dreadlocks and his gun belt around his knees. Better yet for those narrow minded individuals, I wonder if the doctors that you take your children to and their teachers are all tatted up, have gold grills and long drooping ears! You so-called cops have missed the points by that poster entirely! So quick to claim "manliness" because that's obviously what a true man is supposed to look like. Be careful who you speak to out there. There is always someone, bigger, stronger, faster and much more of a bad-ass than you who hide behind a computer screen. Professionalism has but one definition. You might want to look it up and it ain't got nothing to do with a stupid tattoo. Get a life wanna-be!
    oh you're implying that a tattoo is unprofessional. got it. shut up, nobody agrees with you, hence policy change, and you and officer gruff getting mad about it.

just shut up.

Sincerely,
    An officer with tats that would gladly tell you off in person, but it's not worth it because I'd be too embarassed to argue with a Leoaffairs bully that lurks on this site.

carry on, tattoo policy change is happening, grandpas can sit and be mad about it. who cares : )

Unregistered

so sad

Clearly the last poster does care despite all of his huffing and puffing. Policy change is laughable. Is that what you really only care about? This is what is wrong with people like you. Can't see the forest for the trees. You narrow minded individuals are falling in line with what the establishment wants. When it is all over, you will be the first to say, "What the hell happened?"

Unregistered
    Actually, my physician has a couple of tattoos. She and I have talked about when she saw mine. She said her husband (also a physician) also has a couple. I've been to pool parties at a certain well-known attorney's house. Half the attorneys there (and their spouses) have tattoos. Sorry, friend, Leave it to Beaver is a long way in the past.

Unregistered
    I love how this geek titled his post "bullies". This explains everything. The poor little weakling was beat up and pushed around his whole life. He became a cop so he could have a badge to hide behind. When he isn't in uniform, he looks like an accountant or a librarian...and he fights just like one of those weak nerds too!

Unregistered
    So to be a real man (or woman) means I need to get a tattoo of a dragon spitting fire going from my wrist to my shoulder and a bunch of other colorful nonsense on my other arm.

Here is a wake up, getting a bunch of visible and fancy tattoos doesn't make you "hard" or unique. It makes you a follower in a flavor of the generation trend.

If you also think having full sleeves on your arms and conducting an interview or an interrogation isn't going to be brought up by a defense attorney at a criminal case then your head is in the sand.

"Judge my client had a large tough looking man with tattoos standing over him, he was scared and would have told that officer whatever he wanted to avoid physical confrontation. This confession is obviously coerced."

The other issue of allowing tattoos on a case by case basis would be very subjective and difficult. What would be ok and what would not be ok? 20 years ago having a confederate flag on your forearm would have been acceptable, today it is career suicide. Like most people who get tattoos in a professional setting they get ones in areas that are more subtle, perhaps not on the hands / neck / face.

If the department wishes to offer the option of wearing a long sleeve shirt (or the skin colored sheaths) to conceal tattoos I would imagine that would be a viable option, but a very uncomfortable one in the summer sun.

Unregistered
    So to be a real man (or woman) means I need to get a tattoo of a dragon spitting fire going from my wrist to my shoulder and a bunch of other colorful nonsense on my other arm.

Here is a wake up, getting a bunch of visible and fancy tattoos doesn't make you "hard" or unique. It makes you a follower in a flavor of the generation trend.

If you also think having full sleeves on your arms and conducting an interview or an interrogation isn't going to be brought up by a defense attorney at a criminal case then your head is in the sand.

"Judge my client had a large tough looking man with tattoos standing over him, he was scared and would have told that officer whatever he wanted to avoid physical confrontation. This confession is obviously coerced."

The other issue of allowing tattoos on a case by case basis would be very subjective and difficult. What would be ok and what would not be ok? 20 years ago having a confederate flag on your forearm would have been acceptable, today it is career suicide. Like most people who get tattoos in a professional setting they get ones in areas that are more subtle, perhaps not on the hands / neck / face.

If the department wishes to offer the option of wearing a long sleeve shirt (or the skin colored sheaths) to conceal tattoos I would imagine that would be a viable option, but a very uncomfortable one in the summer sun.
    Nobody ever said you MUST have a tattoo to be tough. However, if you're such a ninny that some ink on others scares you, then you CAN'T be tough. So by your rationale, to be a great interviewer whose confessions hold up in court, you have to look like a little scrawny chump. Well, at least you have a niche for yourself as an interviewing expert. When you have need of a real cop to save your weak little soul, give a holler.

Unregistered
    Nobody ever said you MUST have a tattoo to be tough. However, if you're such a ninny that some ink on others scares you, then you CAN'T be tough. So by your rationale, to be a great interviewer whose confessions hold up in court, you have to look like a little scrawny chump. Well, at least you have a niche for yourself as an interviewing expert. When you have need of a real cop to save your weak little soul, give a holler.
    The ignorance here is very disturbing. You also obviously have never been on the stand attempting to defend an interrogation / confession.

This isn't TV land, and I hope you enjoy street work.

Unregistered
    i have visible tattoos. i have been on the stand and on depo's. i have not run into any issues.

shut up gramps.

Unregistered
    And I'm sure you did fine. I know how stressful traffic court can be.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast