Tattoo policy change?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Tattoo policy change?

Now with a new chief, do you think the strict tattoo policy will loosen up and allow experienced people with them (prior military, narcs, Etc..) to apply? Maybe wear a long sleeve year round?

Unregistered
    I concur, there needs to be a change in this outdated policy. We are loosing out of quality people over it. It should be managed on a case by case basis whether or not to implement long or short sleeve. They can even use Under Armor half sleeves, if called for. TPD needs to catch up with the times with some of the policies in place. Out with the old, in with the new.

Unregistered
    Why stop there? Let's allow face piercings, multi-colored hair, those ridiculous holes in the ears etc etc etc. This used to be a profession, but not anymore. Oh, we are missing out on quality people blah blah blah, my ass. Clearly those quality individuals care nothing of the profession or else they wouldn't have made such poor decisions. Stop catering to the minority special interest group view point and grow a set and stand up for your profession. This profession has been under attack for so long and you whiny babies just keep right at it. You want the new chief to do something proper and over due? Let us wear shorts. Bring it on.

Unregistered
    Those "quality people" can have their tats removed. It looks unprofessional to have someone covered with ink in a uniform. Sorry but its true.

Unregistered
    That's why it should be on a case by case basis. No one would disagree that a ridiculous amount of tattoos would not look right. But somebody with a tattoo that hangs a bit too low should not have to have it removed. Especially if they served this country. Other agencies have changed their policy on it. I'm not here to bash anyone or our agency. But that policy needs to be looked at again.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why stop there? Let's allow face piercings, multi-colored hair, those ridiculous holes in the ears etc etc etc. This used to be a profession, but not anymore. Oh, we are missing out on quality people blah blah blah, my ass. Clearly those quality individuals care nothing of the profession or else they wouldn't have made such poor decisions. Stop catering to the minority special interest group view point and grow a set and stand up for your profession. This profession has been under attack for so long and you whiny babies just keep right at it. You want the new chief to do something proper and over due? Let us wear shorts. Bring it on.
    I know right, because those who served this country made a poor choice to get a tattoo. No one is whining but you.

Unregistered
    A policy has to be uniform. Making exceptions for certain people brings up the potential for someone to scream discrimination if they aren't accepted. I do agree that the policy should be changed to allow officers with arm tattoos wear long sleeves all year. Tattoos still should not be visible in uniform. Sorry if you got that tattoo on your neck or face!

Unregistered
    Well they need to enforce the policy that they have. I'm sorry some people signed a contract to work here.. that was their choice they knew the policy before being hired. Most people had integrity and honored their contract having said tattoos removed. How come one female gets to keep full sleeves...??? Oh because they let her go to an undercover squad?? Give me a break she should have to remove them or move along......

Unregistered
    The agency needs to mandate overall appearance standards that ensure the public can trust the officer who comes to their house to rescue the cat from the tree etc. All men should have to wear their hair parted on the side like Mr. Rogers or the dad on Leave it to Beaver or the Brady Bunch. Men should have slim physiques like a mannequin or maybe a marathon runner, not some hulking manly man that would scare people. Even if you don't need them, you should wear glasses with tape in the middle so you look like a skinny little nerd sissy who would never have a scary tattoo. Tattoos are just sooooo icky poo!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The agency needs to mandate overall appearance standards that ensure the public can trust the officer who comes to their house to rescue the cat from the tree etc. All men should have to wear their hair parted on the side like Mr. Rogers or the dad on Leave it to Beaver or the Brady Bunch. Men should have slim physiques like a mannequin or maybe a marathon runner, not some hulking manly man that would scare people. Even if you don't need them, you should wear glasses with tape in the middle so you look like a skinny little nerd sissy who would never have a scary tattoo. Tattoos are just sooooo icky poo!
    Not so much "icky poo" as trashy. 7-Eleven at 22nd and Sligh is hiring and will let you proudly display your ink. I can attach the link for you to apply if you need it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast