Tattoo policy change? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Unregistered
    I fear no man tatted or not, I could care less if tatted from head to toe it's a person's right of self expression. I do not have any by my choice.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The ignorance here is very disturbing. You also obviously have never been on the stand attempting to defend an interrogation / confession.

This isn't TV land, and I hope you enjoy street work.
    This clown fancies himself an old school detective, always carrying around a coffee mug and a cigarette at crime scenes. His diet consists of doughnuts and more coffee. He tells himself he's a gumshoe in the classic sense so that's his excuse for being a weakling. What a joke. He probably wears a trench coat and a fedora in the winter.

Unregistered
    yeah he's most definately a clown, and he has selective reading, so the fantasy of being a detective is real, cuz he's just a rookie patrol cop, although i'm leaning more on the side that he's just a keyboard warrior that works security at the international mall.

it's funny because nobody at the dept. seems to care about visible tattoos or the changes coming...so i really question whether these idiots actually work here or not lol

Unregistered
    This thread has devolved into name calling, has nothing to do with the original topic, and is a waste of time.

Unregistered
    This thread has devolved into name calling, has nothing to do with the original topic, and is a waste of time.
    That is what my sand script neck tat says!😜

Unregistered

I have a full sleeve on one arm and is religious one at that

When I was in high school I always had a plan on going to the military or being a Police officer it's a dream to me. As I was about to Graduate high school I got tempted to get a tattoo and decided to get a religious full arm sleeve of Christianity Jesus related. I have one full arm sleeve and the other arm I have a small lettering tattoo saying Only God can Judge me. I made a mistake and I regret it but All I could do is keep moving forward. Many people always say those are nice tattoos or where did you get them from. I'm a graduate of a two year community college with a GPA of 3.45 honors and now attend a great University getting my Bachelors in Criminal Justice. My dream is to become a Police Officer I would be hurt with all the hard work I accomplish and still can't make it because of my ink on my arms. So whats your response to this give me some feedback

Unregistered
    Personally, I don't care if you're a half black half Asian queer with a chest tattoo of two guys 69en. As long as I don't have to hear you're a victim of racism or sexism. Do your job. You ain't shit.

Unregistered
    Why stop there? Let's allow face piercings, multi-colored hair, those ridiculous holes in the ears etc etc etc. This used to be a profession, but not anymore. Oh, we are missing out on quality people blah blah blah, my ass. Clearly those quality individuals care nothing of the profession or else they wouldn't have made such poor decisions. Stop catering to the minority special interest group view point and grow a set and stand up for your profession. This profession has been under attack for so long and you whiny babies just keep right at it. You want the new chief to do something proper and over due? Let us wear shorts. Bring it on.
    Grow a set yourself. I can look the way I want to look. While doing so I can also want to protect the people in my city. Just because I have holes in my ears and tattoos on my arms doesn't mean I don't want a safe place to live. Pull your head out of your ass and get with the current times. I have lots of tats and a few piercings, and guess what, I care just as much as you do about public safety and keeping citizens safe.

Thank you for your time

Unregistered
    FYI, the policy changed last year. Tattoos covered by long sleeve shirts are now acceptable so long as the shirt covers them.

Unregistered
    Grow a set yourself. I can look the way I want to look. While doing so I can also want to protect the people in my city. Just because I have holes in my ears and tattoos on my arms doesn't mean I don't want a safe place to live. Pull your head out of your ass and get with the current times. I have lots of tats and a few piercings, and guess what, I care just as much as you do about public safety and keeping citizens safe.

Thank you for your time
    Yes sir, you have freedom of choice and most cops would defend your right to choose same. That, however, does not make it acceptable for uniformed police to look like circus sideshow freaks. Professionalism is what the rank and file strive for and that certainly includes appearance. No one is claiming in this thread that those who choose to have tattoos and/or piercings are not upstanding and caring citizens. Also, because something is trendy or "with the current times" does not make it acceptable for ever more. More than a few stupid ideas have been buried after their 10 minutes were up. Speaking of which, when can I start pulling my pants up? That's still with the times isn't it? My gun belt is tearing up my ass.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast