Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Unregistered

Question

How hard is it to get hired on at TIAPD? How big is your agency? 12 hour shifts 0600-1800 vice versa i suppose? how long before you can make rank ? i know some places its 3-5 years etc. What type of calls do you regularly come across? I was on vacation last month and came across one of your officers and he seemed squared away. Thinking of moving to the Tampa area from MD by early next year and want to get a jump on applying if i can. Any input is appreciated. Thanks a bunch and be safe.

Unregistered
    Well, if you're fat and out of shape it's almost certain that you will be hired. Yes, we do work 12s and as far as getting promoted, it all depends on how much a$$ kissing you do. We have some great perks too like all of our calls are bullshit, lousy pay, plenty of employees who will sleep with you married or not and no take home cars. Our supervisors are the best too........it's a great job......probably why we always have openings

Unregistered
    We are basically the clean-up crew for the airport, anything that anyone from any other department in the airport wants us to do, our supervisors make us do it. This includes doing PR work for airlines when your Sgt has a special relationship with said airline (notably Southwest), having to request permission to do anything, having a civilian boss above the chief who dictates LE decisions, working with a sizable staff of complete idiots due to lack of good applicants since the authority wants to pay crap wages and recruit the bottom feeders. If you like writing medical reports (yes, medical reports, written by cops and not the medics), fetching unattended luggage, and checking doors or any other task normally handled by security types not LE then YES, this job IS for you. Oh, and you'll likely get barked at multiple times a year for sitting in your car in the wrong place, standing in the wrong place, walking with the wrong person, drinking coffee in public, or looking at your phone in public (even for a second). Best to stay as hidden as possible here.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    So it's a suck job for a retirement gig? I'm retiring soon and thought of doing it, personally if they wanna treat me like crap I give the middle wave and leave

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by fedcop64 View Post
    So it's a suck job for a retirement gig? I'm retiring soon and thought of doing it, personally if they wanna treat me like crap I give the middle wave and leave
    If you are from Maryland that won't go over too well down here, unless you sport an NRA card with some history. We don't like the People's Republik of Maryland, it's lunatic taxes, corrupt government, or its stupid gun control laws. I've even hear out of state cops get jammed up there. And now that we've been treated to the Baltimore debacle, we have even less respect for you guys. Unless you can prove you aren't nuts too, stay home.

Unregistered

Smile

Don't worry Ozzy is gone things are going to get better!!!!!

I'm not a true Maryland guy I'm republican and an NRA member for years, so trust me I don't fit in here at all

I've decided that when I retire I'm getting out of LE, it's not worth the headache anymore and what I read about TIA I'd be jumping outta the frying pan into the fire. No I think watering plants at Home Depot or Lowe's sounds like a better choice, I won't need the money so why bother with the headache

Unregistered
    If your form of research on this department and decision making skills led you here, by all means please don't bother. We don't need you and certainly don't want you. If you can't see through the BS disgruntled posts here, you wont be part of the solution anyway. Have fun at home depot

Unregistered
    There is a reason this very small Dept. allways hiring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast