Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question

Unregistered
    I've done my research and not from this site, 30 yrs LEO I know how to investigate. If I did decided to work for your dept or any place for that matter it's just gonna be a pay check. I'll be retired and could careless about changing anything, selfish I know but guess what? I earned it and so will you so will everyone. So Home Depot, TIAPD or where ever I go it's my business of why I'm there. Don't like it to bad, again could care less

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    30 yrs LEO trust me my research isn't from this site, I've done my homework TIAPD isn't all that bad of an agency. The mission is traditional law enforcement it's avation and yes I will say it some security, OMG!!!! That's the nature of the beast. I'll work there for a pay check I'll be retired and really could care less about all the internal crap, and the silly things that they will want done. If I don't like it I'll quit simple as that. But to be honest it seems no worse then any other agency same crap different uniform. People may not like my attitude about it but I don't care I'm not at any job to make friends and give anyone the warm a fuzzy feeling. I'm sure if I work there or here I'm gonna hear the grumbling if it's ligit then fine but if it's just grumbling then look for another job

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by fedcop64 View Post
    30 yrs LEO trust me my research isn't from this site, I've done my homework TIAPD isn't all that bad of an agency. The mission is traditional law enforcement it's avation and yes I will say it some security, OMG!!!! That's the nature of the beast. I'll work there for a pay check I'll be retired and really could care less about all the internal crap, and the silly things that they will want done. If I don't like it I'll quit simple as that. But to be honest it seems no worse then any other agency same crap different uniform. People may not like my attitude about it but I don't care I'm not at any job to make friends and give anyone the warm a fuzzy feeling. I'm sure if I work there or here I'm gonna hear the grumbling if it's ligit then fine but if it's just grumbling then look for another job
    As someone who has worked for several agencies I can tell you the crap you'll deal with here is much worse, no, its not the calls or the actual work, its the management and supervisors that make this place miserable for all. Everything is micromanaged. Leaving officers unable to make basic decisions without consulting a supervisor, knee-jerk reactions from Executive staff are commonplace, and rewarding bad behavior via promotions or special assignments is nothing new.

You'll constantly have a microscope on you at TIA. I've lost all love for the job after working here, its truly sad. Also, the pay range looks nice but there is no movement within it, they recently made a poor attempt at addressing compression issues which was voted against by all of the senior officers but still passed due to lip service PBA reps gave traffic and rookie cops so they would vote on the contract. A 10 year officer here makes $10 less an hour than a TPD officer, and $8 less than an HCSO Deputy. There isn't one person on my squad that has a good attitude, EVERYONE hates it here and most are looking to leave if they're not stuck due to pension or family concerns.

We are just one bad shoot away from being disbanded, nobody gives a crap about us here and the non-LEO authority Execs are the real decision makers behind the scenes, the chief has no real authority beyond basic command decisions.

Hey sounds like the federal govt, just smaller scale I to have worked different agencies just at the federal level and honestly it all sucks, why would I work with you guys? Because my wife and I are moving to that area and both retired feds and I refuse to work the street at 56. Maybe some would but I won't and the airport doesn't sound bad. I'm not looking to do 20 yrs just 10 and the best part for me is I'm retired and as I said it's to silly I can say see ya and I'm out. Someone said that's a bad attitude, I make no apologies for it everyone one day will get there

Of course if I can find a bailif job I'll take that over the airport

Unregistered

Hcso

Heard they are going to be taken over by local Sheriff. It happened in 3 other Florida counties. Saw an article about last budget meeting.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Heard they are going to be taken over by local Sheriff. It happened in 3 other Florida counties. Saw an article about last budget meeting.
    Do you have a link?

Unregistered
    Officer positions opening up anytime soon? thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12