PIO plan - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PIO plan

Unregistered
    Thank you, Lisa. People would think differently of him if they would take a few minutes and actually talk to him. His number one priority is US, this agency. People perceive that he has is nose up the Sheriff's ass, but that's not true. I'm happy he is where he is because he has good intentions and can bend the Sheriff's ear when need be.

Rich, even though making your position a sergeant position isn't the best decision, making YOU a sergeant is. Hats off to you, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm probably going to get shit for this but enough is enough...
    This isn't Rich it's his wife..their I said it..you guys have no respect for each other or the badge you wear. Everything he does is for you guys, how he can help raise morale, get you guys exposure. Everything he does is for the agency and you guys not for himself. You talk about how he only worked in gulf breeze..blah blah blah..are you saying that made his job less dangerous or insignificant ...I don't think so..he puts his uniform on the same way everyone else does..you are nice to his face when it's convenient for you and the knife is out as soon as he turns his back. Get to know someone before you judge..My husband has NEVER said anything negative about any of you guys ..he always finds the good in people..you guys want to call that kissing ass, good ole boys, whatever ..I call in professionalism, Integrity, loyal...

Unregistered

Not Boo Boo

Thank you, Lisa. People would think differently of him if they would take a few minutes and actually talk to him. His number one priority is US, this agency. People perceive that he has is nose up the Sheriff's ass, but that's not true. I'm happy he is where he is because he has good intentions and can bend the Sheriff's ear when need be.

Rich, even though making your position a sergeant position isn't the best decision, making YOU a sergeant is. Hats off to you, brother.
    Way to go. Boost his confidence and bam! Knocked him right on his ass. Rich, you are a good guy, blah blah blah. But you getting sgt is bad blah blah blah..and oh yeah hats off to you. It's like saying "hey buddy! F@$# you and have a nice day!"

Rich, good luck man. You are a good one and congratulations on making sgt.

Unregistered
    They question is why was there a need to have a Sgt. as a PIO? I have no problem with promoting him, but put him on the road and make him earn his stripes, or collar brass per the new uniform standard, that was dumb as shit BJ. He was a deputy when he got the job, why not let another deputy have a crack at it. I don't think we have the manpower luxuries to have supervisors that have no one to supervise. A Sgt. for PIO or LT that runs the range and fleet and nothing else. The issue I have with the Sgt. PIO is that he will get off of probation and will never have supervised anyone. What happens IF, he(or anyone for that matter) leaves in a few years and go's back to the road and doesn't have what it takes. Just because someone is a good deputy does not mean that they will be a good Sgt., good Sgt.'s don't always make good Lt.'s, good Lt.'s don't always make good Captains and so on. If a lowly road deputy can see the madness in this logic, why can't the powers that be. It means that they either can't see it or more likely they don't give a crap. I'm going with door number 2, they just don't give a crap. I hate to say it but, I think we will be longing for the days of Floyd and Collier. You have a Sheriff who has checked out, a major that is already trying to put Sheriff BJ on all the doors and signs and a Captain that can't refrain from interjecting himself into every incident in the agency. I can only say to those three is open your eyes and see how your actions are impacting the agency. Listen to the deputies and see what is important to them. There are some good men and women in this agency and I see the life being stomped out of them. You are just three men, you are not the agency. I can prove this by simply saying that things run perfectly on the weekends when you are not here. To the Sheriff I can only say is if you are ready to go, then go. You have done wonders for this agency, but if your heart is no longer in it just go, no one will blame you. You have done your time. To the major quit trying to feed us Shit about what you will do if you get in office. Make this a better working environment. Acta Non Verba (actions not words) should be your motto. Don't tell me show me, and yes getting rid of Sgt. Stripes for collar brass and moving all rank to the collars is a WTF moment. What was the point? To save a few bucks when someone gets promoted, yeah I saved $500 in a multi-million dollar budget. That is liking saying I bailed 50 gallons of water out of the Titanic. To the dear Captain, let it go. You have to trust people to do their job's. You don't need to get involved into everything. Let your Lt's, Sgt.'s and Deputies do their jobs. They might actually surprise you. If they can't then replace them And limit your e-mails, I for one groan every time I see an e-mail from you. We get it, you are the Patrol Captain. We don't need the constant reminders.

Unregistered
    Guys, we have to knock this crap off. When someone gets promoted, gets into a specialized position, or gets recognized for their efforts why don't you just say "congratulations" and move on. Even if you were competing for that position, or don't think it was really deserved. There is no need to get on a public forum and bash people. Rich is a good guy and he has done a good job in every position he has served. Being a Sgt. isn't rocket science. Jealousy and backstabbing are killing the morale in this agency. The next time we test you will see it again, throwing people under the bus, trying to get them written up. It's crazy! We are supposed to be a brotherhood. Given the current perception of law enforcement, Rich's job just got a little more important. He is responsible for the public's perception of our agency, and that can quickly go south by a few determined reporters. If you don't like it here, change things or leave. The change has to begin with yourself though. This is not WH, BJ, CW, or RA's agency. It belongs to all of us and the citizens of Santa Rosa County, and I think WE deserve better. Begin with the things you can change like yourself, and then maybe you will impact those around you. Stop being a jealous, crying, little B, and then maybe people in charge will take you seriously. The problem with this agency is the accepted culture of crap talking, and back stabbing. Handle your business! Change the culture! Don't accept people talking about people who aren't there to defend themselves. Call them out and make it unacceptable behavior. If you have a problem with someone or something go tell them yourself, don't get on a public forum and bash them for the entire world to see. If you don't think Rich deserves those stripes, go tell him to his face. I'm sure he (and everyone else) would respect you a lot more.

Rich, congrats brother!

Unregistered
    A: Didn't deserve it.

B: Funny as hell to see his wife defending him like he is 12. Is mommy next?

C: Amazing that brother took the time out from asking female officers for boobie pics to have his say.

PLEASE keep this going. This is absolutely hilarious!

UnregisteredTrble Make-rr
    A: Didn't deserve it.

B: Funny as hell to see his wife defending him like he is 12. Is mommy next?

C: Amazing that brother took the time out from asking female officers for boobie pics to have his say.

PLEASE keep this going. This is absolutely hilarious!

I'm gonna address the idiot who posted the above comment. My name is on this post and I ask, no beg you to come speak to me face to face. It amazes me how stupid you are and that you can even complete a sentence. You are a total sorry POS. Boobie shots? Are you serious? Stop hiding behind your computer coward. Come out from under the oak tree that you're hiding under and grow the "F" up. I pray that no one you work with gets hurt because you're to afraid to back them up. How the heck did you get passed the hiring process? Why don't you do your job and get over the promotions? Guess you're to scared, just like you're scared of putting your name on your post and to scared of confronting my brother or me. Come on coward, prove me wrong. I'm just an old, fat broken down cop. Surely a big tough coward like you are not scared to face Rich or me? Change your diaper and do the job you chose to do. Think of all the brothers and sister who've paid the ultimate price instead of being a team player.

Danny

To the moderator: how long are you going to let this thread go by without blocking or deleting it?

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal
    Danny, there just isn't anything I'm seeing at present that violates the terms of use of the site. Best recommendation I have is to not feed the troll. That's rule #1 when posting to online forums...especially when responding to anonymous posts.

I guess now would be a good time to reiterate that Rich is not and has not been a forum moderator. I suppose that should be a "no duh" by now considering this thread.

Unregistered
    Once again I'm not surprised to see this crap on here. But I do have to put my input in. First I can say that if these things were being said about me, my wife would post the same thing on here. She would also make it a point to call you out and make you feel like an idiot. I don't blame her. Rich is a good deputy and a great guy. I remember when he was a deputy and addressed me by my first name and I had only been for a few months. He also made it a point to call me when I got hurt and see how I was doing. Yes this was while he was "admin". Just because he got promoted and you didn't why bash him. This is so ridiculous that you all get on here and talk crap about him. What has he done to you? Last time I checked nothing. If you were in his position and got promoted you wouldn't turn it down. He has worked for where he is. But I'm sure if I get a position you all don't think I deserve I'll be the talk of this site. It's PETHITIC the way you all act. I swear some of you have no life experiance and still live in high school. Grow the f*** up.

Congrats Rich you deserve everything you have accomplished.

Unregistered
    I have no opinion on RA as a Sgt or even as a Dep, but as someone else stated, being a Sgt ain't rocket science. Most good Deps would make good Sgts. That being said, PIO doesn't need to be a Sgts position much less a sworn "high risk" position. Save some money and put a civilian in that spot like many other agencies.

I also think having a Lt that's over just the range and fleet at an agency this size is even more laughable. The range should be under BC with the rest of training. Fleet could be handled by another super like a patrol LT or traffic.

Just IMHO

Unregistered

I'm Suprised you're employed.

Once again I'm not surprised to see this crap on here. But I do have to put my input in. First I can say that if these things were being said about me, my wife would post the same thing on here. She would also make it a point to call you out and make you feel like an idiot. I don't blame her. Rich is a good deputy and a great guy. I remember when he was a deputy and addressed me by my first name and I had only been for a few months. He also made it a point to call me when I got hurt and see how I was doing. Yes this was while he was "admin". Just because he got promoted and you didn't why bash him. This is so ridiculous that you all get on here and talk crap about him. What has he done to you? Last time I checked nothing. If you were in his position and got promoted you wouldn't turn it down. He has worked for where he is. But I'm sure if I get a position you all don't think I deserve I'll be the talk of this site. It's PETHITIC the way you all act. I swear some of you have no life experiance and still live in high school. Grow the f*** up.

Congrats Rich you deserve everything you have accomplished.

Do us a favor and please let your wife proofread your post next time, so you don't look like an idiot. You're a PATHETIC Deputy and I don't know how you made it out of FTO. Please enlighten me on what in the HELL Pethitic is, because I have know idea.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast