Fort Myers - Page 3
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fort Myers

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The new Capt has turned the office in the right direction. 99 % of us in the office go out and do a great job because the Capt is the first boss to stick up for us in Ft Myers, He is a cops cop and has been around the block many times. The guy does not ask you to do anything, but people now want to go out and do a great job because it's the best the office has been in years. Watch 2015 Ft Myers will come out on top.
    True story.

Unregistered
    Why does this great captain allow a fellow motorcycle rider to get away with murder, create drama in the office, and pay other agents to do his admin cases?

Unregistered
    Why does this great captain allow a fellow motorcycle rider to get away with murder, create drama in the office, and pay other agents to do his admin cases?
    Whoever posted this is the problem child in that office. Can only be 1 of 2 people.

Unregistered
    I was here 8 years before I knew we had a Fort Myers office. I wish we could go back to that time. It was a happy time.

Unregistered
    Would anyone like this this poster as a partner?

Unregistered

Unregistered
    Been a cop for almost thirty years and been following certain FL agencies on leoaffairs sporadically for the last six months. Over half of these posters I wouldn't want as a partner; backstabbing, ball-less gossips that are so quick to post and repeat slander against their peers. Yeah, some bosses are true butt-holes and some peers are lazy and untrustworthy, and many promotions are BS, but I am amazed at the pettiness on leoaffairs. My early years on, we had a code: take care of your boss and cover your partner. Oh, yeah - two more codes: keep your mouth shut until you've proved yourself after awhile on the street, and don't air your dirty laundry in public.

Now that I've said that, I'm sure the usual cowards will grow keyboard testicles and post their horsecrap against me; fire-away, you pissants, because I don't give a flying fornication.

I think I'll go have a cold adult beverage and see if there's any MASH re-runs on the tube. Goodnight.

Unregistered
    Been a cop for almost thirty years and been following certain FL agencies on leoaffairs sporadically for the last six months. Over half of these posters I wouldn't want as a partner; backstabbing, ball-less gossips that are so quick to post and repeat slander against their peers. Yeah, some bosses are true butt-holes and some peers are lazy and untrustworthy, and many promotions are BS, but I am amazed at the pettiness on leoaffairs. My early years on, we had a code: take care of your boss and cover your partner. Oh, yeah - two more codes: keep your mouth shut until you've proved yourself after awhile on the street, and don't air your dirty laundry in public.

Now that I've said that, I'm sure the usual cowards will grow keyboard testicles and post their horsecrap against me; fire-away, you pissants, because I don't give a flying fornication.

I think I'll go have a cold adult beverage and see if there's any MASH re-runs on the tube. Goodnight.
    I can relate to everything you've said so we'd make a good team. You just painted a perfect picture of ABT. Many (not all) are a bunch of pussies and backstabbing MF'ers. Many are from the "me" generation and me is all they care about. I have served long enough to have known the good times as well as the bad times so I can say with authority that there was a time when we were a stand up, kick ass respected agency. Not any more. The best job in the state turned into a nightmare of a job because of poor leadership and lack of direction. It became miserable because we made it that way ourselves. Do you happen to remember the days when you walked into another agency and they were glad to see you? You worked with these people on matters of mutual interest and shared the accomplishments. All that has been lost to the "what's in it for me" people.

Unregistered
    I agree that many of the folks here are useless. I believe that the system made some of them that way while others are just plain lazy. For years we were worked doing underage so when we finally were able to expand to real crimes most of the folks here didn’t have a clue on working investigations. They talked a good game like they were real cops but just couldn’t find water even if they fell out of a boat. I have always maintained a great working relationship with my former agency and get great tips. Prior to me working here nobody would call the fools in my district for help. I know that many people say years ago ABT worked great cases but that must have been 30 years ago or better. it seems that the kiddie cop stigma lives on. I now see a few factions within ABT, #1 folks that have experience and want to work great cases, #2 just plain lazy, #3 retired and lazy, #4 retired and active, and #5 the original ABTer’s that only know underage and nothing else. I vote that the last group is the worst. i think that this job is what you make of it. Some supervisors dont get it but i work and they leave me alone.

Unregistered
    I believe one of our main roles should be big brother to all the locals. Yet my supervision gives me lots offlack if i go out with another agency and dont have an immediate arrest or felony case.

Example i went out with one of our local pds to teach them about srx since there having lots of issues with srx's acting as nightclubs. Educated them on the laws, what to look for, wht they could document to help us make a case. The pd was so happy with enails from their captain thanking me for my time and help. Our management said i shouldnt waste my time with something an inspector could do, especially since i used 4 hours of my time with no arrests or immediate admin cases. So i guess next time the locals ask tell them no im too busy looking fo fake urine

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast