More Quality Deputies leaving - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Unregistered

Saint chemin

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    J.H. staying shouldn't shock anyone. The fact that FSS clearly states you must leave doesn't matter. Bending the law is ok if "they" do it. Just don't let a deputy try to do it. Don't think any of them volunteer their time. They found ways to pay them, one way or the other.
    Definitely no surprise he wants to keep that foot in the door no matter how he has to do it. The college put their foot down and wouldn't make room for him. Can't blame them there. He ended up with a little office with the little people in HR. Though he did kick someone else out of their space to get it. Sorry HR, but it is only for his 6 months of "volunteering".

Unregistered

Not going out like that.....

I recently resigned/retired from the PCSO, and I have a credible law suit to bring against the agency. I am looking for an attorney that I can discuss this matter with. I know....I've heard all the lines...good luck with that, no way to beat Grady etc. but I believe I have a credible case and need a reputable attorney, preferable close by (Orange, Polk, Hillsborough). If you know of an attorney that would like chance to have a high noon showdown with the big G in court, please share their info with me....preferably in reply to this post so others can offer an opinion about said attorney.
    Believe me, as soon as this case is filed, and my (soon to be) attorney allows it, I will gladly reveal my identity and share the details of my suit, win, lose, or draw. I do believe it will be valuable to know for most, eye opening to many, possibly comical to some, but it will be real. Real is a rare commodity in any format these days, and unadulterated truth is found even less. Look, I loved the green. I was a lifer until I wasn't. I never once thought of leaving until I did. I am glad that I did, but certainly only because I am doing well. I am not a hater by any means. I respect all of you too much. I also would never suggest anyone leave, and that is not why I am here. I do see a lot of whining and complaining on these boards, and I was never one of those...and believe me, I have been in some real shit over the years. There may be some who know me just from this post.....others that I never knew are also reading this, and I can tell you that I lived by this statement "right is always right". No matter the rank, no matter the level of influence, no matter the position of power. I will call a ***** out regardless of rank, stand up for those counting on me, and always keep it real. I truly think that most believe a "good one" was lost when I left, but maybe I am full of myself....lol Maybe I will be the one shocked by what you guys think of me! It would be interesting to see what folks would say anonymously. That word...anonymously. It is truly sad when a person cannot openly express concern, anger, fear, etc in a forum designed for just that, without fear of retaliation. The truth is what no executive speaks, and the PCSO has many employees that spin what the facts need to be. I want to shed light on them, as many as I can, while speaking only the truth. You see, the truth, well it is a real burden to bear, and I am sick of the weight. I need to set myself free, and sadly, I need an attorney to do that. So, help a brother out....
    If you do know me, don't share it on here. It is too soon to have to worry about squirrels spying on my nuts. Message me privately, or text/call me....my number has not changed. Sorry this is in a thread that is only some what related. I was unable to create a new thread. If anyone can copy and paste this into a new thread, that would be appreciated.

Unregistered
    Wouldn't have anything to do with malicious intent would it?

Unregistered
    No, wrong guy. I need a civil rights attorney that can also handle negligence.

Unregistered

RE

While your talking with the Attorney. Ask him about forcing employees to work for no pay.

Unregistered
    How about it is stupid we are having experienced, qualified people leave to move one County away to only be closer to family? When that can easily be fixed with a small change to general orders to allow people to live outside of county like every other agency? You'll drop $50,000 or $100,000 or more to equip and train a Deputy plus years of time but when they need to be slightly closer to family and are within commuting distance of the county you'd rather let them go?

Or how many experienced people don't come here because they aren't in a position to sell their house and move their kids and would otherwise make fine Deputies? I know of quite a few that I've attempted to recruit that have prior experience but balk at the notion of having to sell their house and move a short distance.

Unregistered
    How about it is stupid we are having experienced, qualified people leave to move one County away to only be closer to family? When that can easily be fixed with a small change to general orders to allow people to live outside of county like every other agency? You'll drop $50,000 or $100,000 or more to equip and train a Deputy plus years of time but when they need to be slightly closer to family and are within commuting distance of the county you'd rather let them go?

Or how many experienced people don't come here because they aren't in a position to sell their house and move their kids and would otherwise make fine Deputies? I know of quite a few that I've attempted to recruit that have prior experience but balk at the notion of having to sell their house and move a short distance.
    I suspect it has more to do with the legal ramifications that can occur once you leave this county and enter another on your way home, or where ever tickles your fancy that day. You would be obligated to assist just as you do in this county. And does that other county want the legal responsibility of your actions once you enter their territory.? I doubt it is about trying to make anyone's life difficult. It was policy when you/they signed on, can't ***** about it now because you want to scratch an itch. Pull you boot straps up and move on if you have suddenly decided you want to move back home with momma.

Unregistered
    I suspect it has more to do with the legal ramifications that can occur once you leave this county and enter another on your way home, or where ever tickles your fancy that day. You would be obligated to assist just as you do in this county. And does that other county want the legal responsibility of your actions once you enter their territory.? I doubt it is about trying to make anyone's life difficult. It was policy when you/they signed on, can't ***** about it now because you want to scratch an itch. Pull you boot straps up and move on if you have suddenly decided you want to move back home with momma.
    You do realize state statute (and G.O.s for the matter) requires you to act on plenty of things outside the confines of Polk County, even when off duty, correct?

And you do realize that every other S.O. in Central Florida does allow folks to live outside of their county, including those on call?

This has nothing to do with momma. How about the handful of west region members I know of that have a single bedroom apartment to fulfill a requirement but keep their wife and kids outside of this county? Or when the apartment complex in Northeast that popped up on 27 where the roadway was Polk but turns out the apartment itself was Osceola, and the now retired Captain told the Deputy living there (now a Sgt) and the now moved on Crime Scene Tech to move, or find other employment?

Handful of people on the east side do it as well. Did we all sign the same agreement? Sure, but doesn't mean it shouldn't change. It would make recruitment easier, and people's home lives a bit easier as well. Unless you are looking to either:

1) Hire brand new people under the age of 20 with no life experience and no ties to anywhere.
    2) Hire people that only know Polk County.

Unregistered
    You do realize state statute (and G.O.s for the matter) requires you to act on plenty of things outside the confines of Polk County, even when off duty, correct?

And you do realize that every other S.O. in Central Florida does allow folks to live outside of their county, including those on call?

This has nothing to do with momma. How about the handful of west region members I know of that have a single bedroom apartment to fulfill a requirement but keep their wife and kids outside of this county? Or when the apartment complex in Northeast that popped up on 27 where the roadway was Polk but turns out the apartment itself was Osceola, and the now retired Captain told the Deputy living there (now a Sgt) and the now moved on Crime Scene Tech to move, or find other employment?

Handful of people on the east side do it as well. Did we all sign the same agreement? Sure, but doesn't mean it shouldn't change. It would make recruitment easier, and people's home lives a bit easier as well. Unless you are looking to either:

1) Hire brand new people under the age of 20 with no life experience and no ties to anywhere.
    2) Hire people that only know Polk County.
    So they CHOOSE to rent a place in lieu of moving, their choice. They knew the requirements when they took the job. With everyone bad mouthing Polk the way they do, I would hazard a guess and say they couldn't get hired in the county they live in or got fired from the county they live in. They sure didn't come here for the pay and the welcome committee that is for sure. And they knew they were gonna have to drive when they applied for the job. Actually, it isn't the lack of experienced people applying, it is all the bad apples over twenty with life experience that can't qualify because all that life experience is riddled with worm holes. Whose fault is that? Now they got their foot in the door and they want the rules changed. Hell, I want them to change the Florida Lotto rules now that I bought my ticket to say if you get two numbers you win the jackpot. And I'm pretty sure there are people in hell wishing they had ice water too. And just the kicker to really piss you off... Grady likes the young and inexperienced because he can train them from the get go, rather than trying to reprogram one. I would suggest you and your buds apply to one of those "every other one outside the county" agencies that let you have that perk. Problem solved. Kind of stupid and immature to come to an agency knowing the rules and expecting to change it right?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678