Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It always amazes me how you guys try and change the history of events. Chief Mann was the only one in this city that was fighting for the the officers involved. He didn't want them on restricted duty because he said over and over they did nothing wrong. He wanted to get this story out from day one but was ordered not to by the city manager, because of that ,the papers had a field day with talk of a cover-up. He told the press there was no cover up. He stood up for us and it got him fired. This thing is on automatic because of the failure of the city, city manager and the commissioners to not be afraid to say that after reviewing the preliminary reports we feel our officers did nothing wrong. That's what the Chief said and he's gone because of it. The day he was gone the city manager ORDERED that the officers involved be put on restricted duty. It's a weak position and it makes the officers look guilty in the eyes of the public. There was always going to be a through investigation and if the evidence changes the stance so be it, but not to support them based on the preliminary reports was wrong.

Tell me this since the Chief has left who has stood up for the officers involved... The answer is NO ONE.

PUT THE BLAME WHERE IT BELONGS. THE CITY MANAGER AND THE COMMISSIONERS WERE BRIEFED ON WHAT HAPPEDED THAT NIGHT AND WHAT THE OFFICERS WERE DEALING WITH BUT CHOOSE TO REMAIN SILENT.
The problem is he did stand up to the City Manager, now he's gone. She thinks she can run the department which is very dangerous for us. The ex chief was no paper pusher. I remember the things that he said at briefing. Do you even know his history? He spent over 8 years in uniform ( in the trenches) in New Jersey and a couple of years with Plantation P.D. In the "trenches" 10 years in uniform and that's why he had the backs of the officers.

Look I get it you didn't like him, maybe he past you up for promotion or a specialty assignment but stop trying to blame him for what the city has done.

We have real problems if the City Manager doesn't appoint Lees as chief