I have been doing some research for going to a dept. in the central/southern Florida. I have a few questions about St. Lucie SO that are not mentioned on the website and can neither be found on the internet. Any assistance with this info would be greatly appreciated. First let me say that I am very proactive and am looking at going to a Dept. where there is plenty of "action." priority calls -shooting, stabbing, car chases, foot chases, narcotics, fights, ect. Is St. Lucie SO an area that has these types of calls. Is the command staff supportive of officers who are proactive and looking for crime in progress. Is command supportive of officers who have to use force to take down a suspect who is fighting? how is the moral? how is the pay in comparison to the cost of living? What are the opportunities for advancement? Is the SWAT team active with call outs? How long do you have to be on the dept. before you can move to a specialized unit? Will exceptions be made for officers with prior experience in specialized units? Marshall's task force? DEA task force? undercover narcotics units? Off duty details? How is the benefits package?

Thank You