looking for better department - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    that sucks. don't y'all make like 46,000 a year? hell we only make 14.50 an hour and unless you are on a specialized unit you have to live within 15 miles of the city limits to have a take home car. Im guessing asking how the pay compared to the cost of living is pretty self explanatory then from what I have read? or is it ok?

also can you explain what the one guy meant about the "blood money details"

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey ringworm! What's up bro? This place is the worst, no details, old cars, low morale. Good luck.
    what did you mean by ringworm

Unregistered
    Former Force Recon Marine,BSO is a very political origination and if you happen to get hired with exceptions of going out on the streets and doing all those things you said,you will never make your probation period.If so,and you start ,you will be noticed by Command and that will end your actions. Now,if you want to come to BSO and be a good Deputy ,you can have a excellent career.The pay is very good compared to most depts. ,their are plenty of details,some harder than others and the cars can be use off duty within Broward,Dade and Palm Beach...Dade/Palm Beach ,just for commuting.Ya,small gas charge that many complain about,but no big deal.

Remember,at BSO or any Political Org.,you embarrass the Org. or you Boss/Sheriff you are out of their. Especially now a days ....

The current Sheriff is Good and supports us ,but remember who come first...

Good Luck....

Unregistered
    Former Force Recon Marine,BSO is a very political origination and if you happen to get hired with exceptions of going out on the streets and doing all those things you said,you will never make your probation period.If so,and you start ,you will be noticed by Command and that will end your actions. Now,if you want to come to BSO and be a good Deputy ,you can have a excellent career.The pay is very good compared to most depts. ,their are plenty of details,some harder than others and the cars can be use off duty within Broward,Dade and Palm Beach...Dade/Palm Beach ,just for commuting.Ya,small gas charge that many complain about,but no big deal.

Remember,at BSO or any Political Org.,you embarrass the Org. or you Boss/Sheriff you are out of their. Especially now a days ....

Good Luck....
    Hey, Jarhead-
    Everything this guy (above) said is true except the part about the sheriff. He is not good and does not support us.
    Sadly, he is apolitical hack who sold whatever police brotherhood soul he might had had to the devil for campaign contributions and has been paying for it dearly. Good luck, bro.

also, don't engage with Tubbs (the RAT) on here. He'll be posting shortly because he's a hired azz kisser here and pretends to be a deputy. It's actually kinda funny.

Unregistered
    In today's climate its risky to your career to be proactive. But if you must be proactive go to an area that really supports their cops. Broward is not it.

Unregistered

Good Luck....
    Then you must not pay the fuel charge if you think it's no big deal!! Many of us lost a whole raise because of it. The excuse of enforcing it was the economy was bad at that time, it needs to be stopped since the economy is better. Where is the PBA now since this would be the fair thing to do??? The PBA refuses to answer our questions about this and the upcoming new contract.

Unregistered
    so I became a cop to be proactive and put criminals in jail. I realize they dont stay there long but I still put in work. so from what you are telling me, Broward does not like proactive deputy's? That would not be a good thing at all.

i posted this OP on several other forums because im not sure where I want to go yet. One was on the Tampa PD forum and a comment was left saying " I bet you are a nightmare to supervise and would be a headache to TPD. stay where you are!" i forgot to mention the part where I am a supervisor lol.

why does BSO not want their Deputy's to be proactive? Seems like there would be alot to do down there.

Unregistered
    Ya,I live out of county,and I would ,of course not like to pay a fuel charge.Just saying to use a car as much a we do to commute,I do not worry about it.

Former Marine,being with BSO for 25 plus years,it was about 15 years ago all that aggressive stuff ended(Nick Navarro) and the last to hold on to it was Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale PDs.Those days are gone forever for everyone,if you act that way ,you will be fired or may end up in the County yourself...

Go to work as LEO and be Honest,Don,t Skate,Do what you are told and protect yourself and others and make goods arrests as needed.. DO NOT MSU to make arrests .....

The point of it all ,is to be healthy and get the pension...

I know,joined BSO right out of Marines myself....

Good Luck and Semper Fi....

Unregistered
    that sucks. That is one thing that I do like about this place. We are allowed to actively seek crime out. As long as we do things correct the chief is all about us hunting down dope and crime. Sorry for you guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12