Next round of promotions - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered

shame

Scratching my head. Again. This isn't rocket science. It makes sense to this lowly peon that the guy with actual experience in burglary would make the best burglary Sgt.

Unregistered
    This guys has had more chances than any other chief to get these selections right and has failed us time and time again. This time will be no different I suspect.

He is more worried about what guys think about him than doing what is right. Here's a clue......reward the hard working guys and that is something nobody can argue with.

I'm happy to hear that our cold shoulder at the last fop meeting was felt. You want respect......start doing the right damn thing around here for once.

Unregistered

cornholio

Its like frickin Groundhog's day. Someone said one Sgt had 5 or 6 yrss in db total and 4 in BURGLARY. I had no idea. What is this administration thinking? I mean, you want the burg numbers up and you put the guy with the personality of doorknob up there with no burg experience. Geniuses, I tell ya! Geniuses!! Makes total freaking sense!!

Unregistered
    Doorknob? Let's not insult a doorknob by making that comparison.

Unregistered
    Easy on the Burg selection. CW will not be getting anything soon. No matter who is Chief someone always comes in here and complains cause they think they are the best and should have been selected or promoted.... As it was said before what does it matter.....

Unregistered
    Upstairs is curious as to why nobody wants to put in for certain CID Units? People come out here and talk to us like we are garbage and they are the elite. Are there problems brewing again, you think by now they would be smart enough to see the real problem instead of ignoring it. Yes, the friend circle. Work is business and what's best for all should be done and that's what the problem is with these promotions and certain IAs being squashed. Fifteen interview but the pick is done way ahead and certain people talk and treat others like garbage and are protected. Our job is just as important. Then these are the ones who get promoted. I think most don't care who it is as long as it is someone good and deserving. There are lots of great guys here. I bet the next will be about gender or race again. People only want fairness and deserving.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Easy on the Burg selection. CW will not be getting anything soon. No matter who is Chief someone always comes in here and complains cause they think they are the best and should have been selected or promoted.... As it was said before what does it matter.....
    Agree with this post. This promotion was a gift from above that was unexplainable and regrettable for years to come. Forget about any speciality position.

Unregistered
    And why is that? Do you have any problems with his character, work ethic, or qualifications? You sit behind your computer and make a statement like that, well, back it up, buddy. CW has done more at this department than most. He is above reproach and an all around good guy.

Them's fighting words and you best have facts to back up why he basically didn't deserve it. A gift from above? Hardly. He worked a long time and hard for his promotion, for which he has earned my respect.

Agree with this post. This promotion was a gift from above that was unexplainable and regrettable for years to come. Forget about any speciality position.

Unregistered

funny

Funny stuff. Funny because you chose one of the few guys that you can't find fault with. Nice try.

Unregistered
    Funny stuff. Funny because you chose one of the few guys that you can't find fault with. Nice try.
    Ha!! This is funny! Funny in the sense that you believe he has no fault. He may work for CPD but I wouldn't go as far as to say he works hard for CPD. He may be a nice guy and all but that does not equate to someone who is a hard worker. CW should have never been promoted, he got it because of mistaken identity, plain and simple. Now that's funny stuff!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast