911 call center - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 911 call center

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How many dispatchers are there and their shifts, do you know if they have a lot of overtime I understand Coral Gables were having problems too that's why the Dispatchers work a lot of overtime but the downfall is you must contribute 17% into your retirement I thought that was steep.
    Staffing levels depend on the shift and whether there is any training involved. As for overtime, there is a lot of overtime available. There is a lot of sickness partly due to the stress employees are put under by supervisors, untrained coworkers who are give extra time when they are not even close to being released from training, and those who choose not to do their job in the first place and are allowed to do so. An employee actually taped some of what was going on and when the new manager learned of it, he immediately disallowed cellphones in the dispatch area. That taping could have been a positive tool used to address the problems plaguing dispatch but it was much easier to ban it than address the actual problems. After all, the manager does not have to directly see the low moral in his department that his inaction is causing.

Unregistered
    Staffing levels depend on the shift and whether there is any training involved. As for overtime, there is a lot of overtime available. There is a lot of sickness partly due to the stress employees are put under by supervisors, untrained coworkers who are give extra time when they are not even close to being released from training, and those who choose not to do their job in the first place and are allowed to do so. An employee actually taped some of what was going on and when the new manager learned of it, he immediately disallowed cellphones in the dispatch area. That taping could have been a positive tool used to address the problems plaguing dispatch but it was much easier to ban it than address the actual problems. After all, the manager does not have to directly see the low moral in his department that his inaction is causing.
    I appreciate your info just a little shocked for a small agency so many problems, I bet more employees will leave and go to other agencies because dispatch is a high turnover in every agency

Unregistered
    I appreciate your info just a little shocked for a small agency so many problems, I bet more employees will leave and go to other agencies because dispatch is a high turnover in every agency
    There are numerous reasons for the high turnover rate and that is mostly due to people unable to pass the training or probationary period. That is followed by not being able to handle what they have to deal with call wise.

Unregistered
    One supervisor will say one thing, and another supervisor will say another. Nothing seems to be constant. The equipment the dispatchers have to deal with are broken, and need fixing. They call the dispatchers stupid and say it's the dispatchers fault that this new CAD system isn't working right. That the radios don't work properly, it's their fault because they can't hear. Everything is always the dispatchers fault no matter what. They get punished left right and center for stuff that happened that wasn't their fault. I honestly don't see why more people left yet. It's a horrible place to work. At one point, the 911 manager had a lock box on the thermostat so he could have the AC on the temperature he wanted (while he's very rarely at work) and didn't care about the 10+ other employees. He also doesn't seem to care about Florida State laws in regards to meal breaks. Isn't it for ever 8 hours you work, you have to get a 45 minute meal break per the law? I guess "departmental needs" trumps Florida laws now? Last not but least, written complaints seem to magically disappear, and the issues never get dealt with.

Unregistered
    One supervisor will say one thing, and another supervisor will say another. Nothing seems to be constant. The equipment the dispatchers have to deal with are broken, and need fixing. They call the dispatchers stupid and say it's the dispatchers fault that this new CAD system isn't working right. That the radios don't work properly, it's their fault because they can't hear. Everything is always the dispatchers fault no matter what. They get punished left right and center for stuff that happened that wasn't their fault. I honestly don't see why more people left yet. It's a horrible place to work. At one point, the 911 manager had a lock box on the thermostat so he could have the AC on the temperature he wanted (while he's very rarely at work) and didn't care about the 10+ other employees. He also doesn't seem to care about Florida State laws in regards to meal breaks. Isn't it for ever 8 hours you work, you have to get a 45 minute meal break per the law? I guess "departmental needs" trumps Florida laws now? Last not but least, written complaints seem to magically disappear, and the issues never get dealt with.
    Where is the police chief anything goes wrong on patrol he has to take the heat for it, for a senior dispatcher to leave the writing is on the wall.

Unregistered

Seriously

Im one of thise seniors dispatchers your talking about and your full of it.

One dispatcher whos not senior left to go work with her family. Boone leaves because its a great place to work. In fact a few of our fellow dispatchers that did leave came back.

As for recording things on a cell phone if i fond out you records me ill press charges on you. That aint why they took them away and you know it.

get a life

Unregistered

One dispatcher whos not senior left to go work with her family. Boone leaves because its a great place to work. In fact a few of our fellow dispatchers that did leave came back.

As for recording things on a cell phone if i fond out you records me ill press charges on you. That aint why they took them away and you know it.

get a life
    Ok you work there so are the posters correct with what was said because as you can see its not good especially when you have managers, supervisors and incompetent staff are the comments correct or incorrect.

Unregistered

get a life
    Did you even pass English class? Your spelling and grammar are atrocious.

Unregistered

Angry

There are numerous reasons for the high turnover rate and that is mostly due to people unable to pass the training or probationary period. That is followed by not being able to handle what they have to deal with call wise.
    That place was doomed for failure since its inception.
    It was put together by an egomaniacal Java-The-Hut and her NMB Minions. She was given free range by the Chief due to their previous history.
    There will never be any accountability in that unit; only sacrificial goats.

Unregistered
    That place was doomed for failure since its inception.
    It was put together by an egomaniacal Java-The-Hut and her NMB Minions. She was given free range by the Chief due to their previous history.
    There will never be any accountability in that unit; only sacrificial goats.
    Do you think things will get better or worse, someone posted that it's actually not all that bad and the dispatcher that left it was for personal reasons.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast