HSMV / FHP Webpage & social media - Use of names / photos - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's a novel idea.... If you don't want a photo of yourself posted online, STAY OUT OF THE PHOTO.

Ummmm....what?!?

Unregistered
    Here's a novel idea.... If you don't want a photo of yourself posted online, STAY OUT OF THE PHOTO.
    I was ordered to be part of some pics I didn't want to be in. I wouldn't have volunteered for that stupid stuff.

We know that bad guys target LEO's pics and info from social media, online, etc. I think BCII just put something else out about that.

Unregistered

Social Media Policy

FHP Social Media Policy portions below.

Link to full policy.
    https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/fhp/policies/1502.pdf

E. SOCIAL MEDIA – Information sharing technologies, including devices, which provide users with the ability to communicate, collaborate, and/or share content with others. 

6. Employees should be mindful that photographs or video may be captured by the Division during its activities, and that this content may be posted to Division social media accounts, which are available to the public. All employees should also be mindful that once content is posted to social media it frequently is disseminated by others beyond the Division’s control.

a. The Public Affairs Office shall not identify Division employees by name or other personal identifier, that appear in content posted to Division social media accounts without first obtaining the employee’s documented consent.
    b. Any consent required herein must be freely and voluntarily given, with an option to decline. When consent is required, but cannot be obtained, content may only be used when identifying features (e.g., face, nametag) are not visible, have been blurred, or are similarly obscured. 

B. PERSONAL USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
    1. Employees are prohibited from using Division resources to access social media for non-work related activities pursuant to DHSMV Policy 8.03, Personal Computer Use and Internet Access. 

Any on-duty use of personal devices to access appropriate websites as defined in DHSMV Policy 8.03, shall be kept brief and infrequent and must not interfere with the member’s job performance. 

2. Employees are free to express themselves as private citizens using personal social media sites and personal devices. Employees may express themselves as private citizens regarding issues of public concern, including on issues involving or impacting the Division, to the extent that such social media posts do not meaningfully impair their ability to effectively perform their duties, disrupt the workplace, or otherwise meaningfully impair the efficient operation of the Division. Nothing herein shall be construed to limit an employee’s rights under Section 447.301(3), Florida Statutes, to engage in concerted activities. 

3. Employees who express themselves as private citizens regarding purely personal subjects and violate Division or Department policy, may be subject to discipline. Examples of prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, posting obscene material, defamatory statements, harassment, or acts, statements, or other forms of speech that ridicule, malign, disparage, or otherwise express bias against any race, religion, or other protected class; or discredit the integrity of the Division or its employees, or impair the operations of the Department/Division.

4. Employees must be mindful that as members of a public organization, speech made pursuant to their official duties is not protected under the First Amendment and may form the basis for discipline if found to be in violation of Division or Department policy. 

3. Employees, whether on-duty or off-duty, in using social media are prohibited from:
    a. Making any statement, content, or post that implies or states they are acting on behalf of the Division or Department without express authorization of the Division Director, or their designee. 

b. Making any statement regarding guilt or innocence of any suspect or arrestee; 

c. Making any statement regarding the character or reputation of any suspect or arrestee; 

d. Making any comment on active investigations, pending prosecutions, or cases pending judicial appeal in which the Division is involved unless authorized for release through the Public Affairs Office; 

e. Disclosing content from a crime scene or persons involved in an official Division incident by means of uploading, sharing, or otherwise transmitting the content from any personal or agency device unless authorized for release through the Public Affairs Office; 

f. Disclosing the content of any criminal intelligence information, active criminal investigative information, information concerning confidential informants, sensitive information, or information received from third parties with a request that the information be held in confidence 

9. Members assigned to or considering assignment to any sensitive position that may require undercover credentials are prohibited from using social media to:
    a. Post Division logos, uniforms, vehicles, equipment, or similar identifying items; 

b. Post personal photographs, video, or other means of personal recognition that may cause them to be identified as a sworn law enforcement officer.

Unregistered
    Some of you morons would make fine mushroom farmers. You don't rate the sweat off a good troopers balls!
    You should bee kept in the dark and fed shit.

Unregistered
    I'm a very private person and no one has ever forced me to be on a photo, I simply say no thanks and never had an issue. If you have that big of an issue, my suggestion is to stay out of the spot light.

Unregistered
    I'm a very private person and no one has ever forced me to be on a photo, I simply say no thanks and never had an issue. If you have that big of an issue, my suggestion is to stay out of the spot light.
    Only photos I was ever told I had to be in were the yearbook pics. Even the people that tried to decline were rescheduled and forced into that.

Looks like they've been doing pretty much the same thing with the people at the academy and using them all over Facebook.

Unregistered
    this is hilarious! all this from the same people that already post their asses all over the internet. your personal pages are reviewed just the same.

Unregistered
    If you should not affiliate with law enforcement on social media if you ever want to do undercover work (could be at another agency one day), why are we REQUIRED TO PUT OUR NAME on the PRESS RELEASE that go to the media.

This really should change. The media doesn’t contact us directly.

Newspapers even put the investigators name on the websites sometimes.

Unregistered
    FHP Social Media Policy portions below.

Link to full policy.
    https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/fhp/policies/1502.pdf

E. SOCIAL MEDIA – Information sharing technologies, including devices, which provide users with the ability to communicate, collaborate, and/or share content with others.

6. Employees should be mindful that photographs or video may be captured by the Division during its activities, and that this content may be posted to Division social media accounts, which are available to the public. All employees should also be mindful that once content is posted to social media it frequently is disseminated by others beyond the Division’s control.

a. The Public Affairs Office shall not identify Division employees by name or other personal identifier, that appear in content posted to Division social media accounts without first obtaining the employee’s documented consent.
    b. Any consent required herein must be freely and voluntarily given, with an option to decline. When consent is required, but cannot be obtained, content may only be used when identifying features (e.g., face, nametag) are not visible, have been blurred, or are similarly obscured. 

9. Members assigned to or considering assignment to any sensitive position that may require undercover credentials are prohibited from using social media to:
    a. Post Division logos, uniforms, vehicles, equipment, or similar identifying items; 

b. Post personal photographs, video, or other means of personal recognition that may cause them to be identified as a sworn law enforcement officer.

If I get hired, who decides who’s name and photo gets posted on Facebook? I know what it ‘says’ but do I have any option really?

Unregistered
    If I get hired, who decides who’s name and photo gets posted on Facebook? I know what it ‘says’ but do I have any option really?
    No post of you in uniform standing in the food stamp line!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast