Officers blow whistle on dangerous DOC 'crisis' probation - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Guy Harvey
    What none of these reports mention is the underlying cause of this...Gov. Dirty **** Scott!!!! All of this was done at his behest. All of these Republican Representatives who now act flabbergasted at the news are a bunch of liars!!!! All of them voted lock step with **** on his budgets year after year. If this alleged reporter was worth his weight, he'd look up the voting record of all these flabbergasted Representatives and challenge them on it. He'd challenge Teflon **** on how he's gutted our budget since taking office. All so he can hand the Department over to GEO. That, boys and girls, is the story. Let's see if this "reporter" digs a little deeper or just goes for the flashy headlines.

Unregistered
    In my office we were told we (the officers) have to pay for the car being cleaned or vacuumed. An officer also paid out of pocket for a tire being patched or it could take up to a week for the car to br towed (and approved for a new tire). Last and not least, another officer had to use their own AAA to have the state car towed.

Unregistered
    You are full of crap. So, what office do you work in?

Unregistered
    Full of crap? You are a real professional, aren't you? I do not believe that officer is lying about the situation. In our office we were also asked to pitch in monies to get the state cars cleaned and washed-there is no plan in place for the administration to handle these obligations. I also have my personal vehicles serviced by qualified, certified mechanics at a dealership. What are the qualifications of the people serving the vehicles that probation officers are required to drive? I also believe it is probable the vehicles available to our central office staff are newer and in better shape than the vehicles the officers are required to use in performance of their duties. I have never yet seen an administrator driving around the streets at midnight making curfew checks. Who needs the more reliable vehicles? We are an agency in need of effective leadership.

Unregistered
    They lie like a rug. That is why you are pissed off about using a state car. You cannot pad the miles and rip off the state like you did in years past. Kind of funny that you never spoke of the office you work in. LOL

Unregistered

make the call

Our office all called Our local House and Senator today , on our lunch hour of course. We asked that they fund a pay raise and allocate more money for new cars to each circuit. We were well received and without exception they all had heard of our plight with this news reporter. Keep it up you all. Oh tonight they will show the governor dodge ball. Go to the face book page of Noah Pransky wtsp , it is funny. I do believe that for the first time this session he is hearing the term probation officer. Keep the heat on and keep sending the anonymous emails to him. We are in the fight and doing well .

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are on drugs. I have no problems using the DOC vehicles. It is nice not trashing my personal vehicle. I have done the job for over (15) years and never carried a firearm. And in those years, I never had a need for a gun. If you have issues with your job or items dealing with your job, just file paperwork through your union. Or through the Career Service. The more I read the article, the more you sound like little kids crying on the play ground. Just remember this, the carrying of a firearm at this job is not mandated. They can take it away. So, just keep crying.
    Wow, what an ass kisser! You have to be the biggest suck up I've ever seen!

Unregistered
    In my office we were told we (the officers) have to pay for the car being cleaned or vacuumed. An officer also paid out of pocket for a tire being patched or it could take up to a week for the car to br towed (and approved for a new tire). Last and not least, another officer had to use their own AAA to have the state car towed.
    You are so full of shit. An officer had to use his AAA? How can anyone be made to use their AAA? Again, what office are you in??

Unregistered
    You are so full of shit. An officer had to use his AAA? How can anyone be made to use their AAA? Again, what office are you in??
    After waiting 3 hours for the dept contracted towing company my supervisor (who refused to meet me in the field) said I could use my AAA.

Unregistered
    I agree we have had two officers use their AAA as opposed to waiting hour on end for a tow truck. Another officer locked the keys in the car and the supervisor advised him he would be in trouble and advised him if he had AAA he should use them as oppose to him getting written up for locking the keys in the car.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast