New Candidate for Sheriff - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    EH got his undergrad from PCC when they weren't accredited. His Master's is from UWF. The bottom line is your education is only a benefit if you use it and he has never applied any of it to his work. Unless his major was how to eliminate your competition or those who oppose you. Once again a degree doesn't make you more suited for a job if you don't apply what you learned. After all Parker and Alford have Master's degrees maybe they should be our next Chief Deputy.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    EH got his undergrad from PCC when they weren't accredited. His Master's is from UWF. The bottom line is your education is only a benefit if you use it and he has never applied any of it to his work. Unless his major was how to eliminate your competition or those who oppose you. Once again a degree doesn't make you more suited for a job if you don't apply what you learned. After all Parker and Alford have Master's degrees maybe they should be our next Chief Deputy.
    It doesn't matter where he got his degree. All you have to do is ask him and he will tell you he is the smartest person at the office. He is the only one that knows the right way to do things and he is always correct. He will present you with his interpretation of data that he manipulated to prove it too. Oh and don't disagree with him in public or you will go on his list. That has nothing to do with education it is a psychological issue.

Unregistered
    The value of higher education to law enforcement has been demonstrated. However, if he doesn't have the common sense to apply to the process, then it doesn't really matter how much education he may or may not have. At some point in time Morgan will be gone and then EH will realize that he is no longer bullet proof. Contract or no contract.

Unregistered
    Who is the new candidate?

Unregistered
    I would like to know myself. We need to get behind someone. I overheard a conversation among some citizens who said that their trust and respect for the department was in a downward spiral, and that the department’s credibility was in jeopardy.
    People are judging our entire department by the behavior's of a few. If something isn't done to beat back the perception and let the public know that we are trustworthy, then we will truly be in trouble. At the moment, The public is right to be skeptical. Lets get behind someone.

Unregistered
    The more that enter the race the greater the chance that Morgan has of going back in. I don't think they seem to realize that.

Unregistered
    That certainly may be the case, however, the last time I checked, there wasn't one viable candidate to challenge the status quo. Too many candidates....we lose. Not enough candidates.....we lose. If we don't identify a quality candidate...we lose. If we make this a lose/lose situation, then we play right into their hands. For them...a win/win situation. Unacceptable.

Unregistered
    I would like to see us united with one candidate who we can agree upon that will represent us, and bring the department back to professional prominence. Who is that candidate? We need to find out quickly, and unite behind that person. Let's get on with it.

Unregistered
    It's sad but I think you will see that most of the employees won't openly support anyone opposing Morgan. That's just self preservation.

Unregistered
    I understand that self-preservation is common, from the rank and file right up through senior management. While it’s obvious why we are openly reticent about supporting the candidate of our choice, are we really doing justice to ourselves and to the department by not vocalizing our concerns? If we’re not willing to objectively hurdle the obstacles placed in front of us, do we really have the right to speak our mind, or do we just follow and maintain the status quo? I guess that is a question that we have to ask/answer individually……………and then live with our decision.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast