Oh traffic stop

Thread: Oh traffic stop

Unregistered

Oh traffic stop

When did the job become all about how many traffic stops you do. If I was a citizen of margate I would wonder this, are these police officers protecting my buisenesses and residences at night, nope. Instead it's become all about stats meaning bs traffic stops and dumb pot arrests tying up officers for hours on end, Because if not ,your gonna get your ass chewed by a superior. What about that Stat box for how many calls we respond to or how little crime there is in an officers zone when he maticously patrols it.

Unregistered
    You sound like a slug. Are you trying to tell us you can't write one citation during your 11 1/2 hour shift.

Wow that might take about 10 minutes of your shift. You probably hang out at 7-11 nightly longer than that.

Let's pull your part 1 crime stats Mr. meticulous.

Unregistered
    You obviously didn't get the anything from the above message. I'm so sorry your more concerned with the Stat box then how the officers feel and no I don't think an officer should have to write any tickets especially now. Don't guilt someone into writing a ticket for a stat. A traffic stop is such a small percentage of what we do as police officers. Bottom line is Margate is a great place to work and I am one of the officers who enjoys every aspect of the job including writing tickets. But I don't think it should be harped upon.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You obviously didn't get the anything from the above message. I'm so sorry your more concerned with the Stat box then how the officers feel and no I don't think an officer should have to write any tickets especially now. Don't guilt someone into writing a ticket for a stat. A traffic stop is such a small percentage of what we do as police officers. Bottom line is Margate is a great place to work and I am one of the officers who enjoys every aspect of the job including writing tickets. But I don't think it should be harped upon.
    The 'bottom line' is exactly why we are made to do more traffic stops. Period.